***MANIFESTATION*** Getting married and regretting it

View previous topic View next topic Go down

***MANIFESTATION*** Getting married and regretting it

Post by Godchick on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:42 pm

Hey guys!! this dream worried me ans i was wondering if i could have some help discerning it. Is it a warning from the Lord? hmm

I was getting married to My boyfriend and it was all really casual and a bit rushed. I downplayed the even in my heart and in the physical event. I didn't walk down the isle. Then I noticed my parents weren't there. I said where are parents? My boyfriend said 'away this weekend. But they could come next weekend' I said, well I can't get married without my mum. So we called off the wedding.  During the week people were on twitter and the church were pretty critical towards me saying things like "I can't believe she won't just do it. What a scaredy cat.

The next weekend I mustered up the strength to marry my boyfriend with my parents there. The ring was not the ring i really wanted. But I still really liked it. With a small wedding band. Then we went home but we didn't sleep in the same bed. My boyfriend said to me "I'm too busy I have reports to write." So I felt really weird that he didn't want to sleep with me. Then he was ignoring me a bit. And I said "hey, I'm your wife now, and you are not as adoring to me anymore." I was thinking I had done the wrong thing and thought if we didn't sleep together we could get an annulment. I also thought "I should have listened and not gotten married with a hint of doubt in my heart. I should have waited for 100% peace.

Last edited by Godchick on Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:45 am; edited 2 times in total

Godchick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ***MANIFESTATION*** Getting married and regretting it

Post by John7 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:18 pm

Pretty serious dream... I am not a Pastor or Interpreter, and I am just giving my personal opinion and thoughts on this dream as a Brother in Jesus Christ.. I could be wrong..

Godchick stated: "I also thought "I should have listened and not gotten married with a hint of doubt in my heart. I should have waited for 100% peace." This comment you made stood out to me the most. I think its very possible the Holy Spirit is trying to warn you..

Regarding people from church gossiping about you and critisizing you for not getting married.. unfortunately this does happen in church alot and I have been guilty of being a gossip aswell. Often people at church like to get in peoples business and gossip, but in the end its about a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and you need to do what the Holy Spirit tells you. If the Holy Spirit is warning you about this marriage, then theres obviously a reason behind it.

The reason I wanted to comment on this dream is because a friend of mine got married a few years ago, and the marriage lasted 3 months and it ended in a very nasty divorce. Leading up to the actual marriage my friend spoke to me on the phone and said to me he had doubts about getting married, but he said he wanted to go through with it. This really showed me that if your going to get married to someone, you need to be 100% about it.

Once again these are just my personal thoughts... all the best Godchick

John7
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:59 pm

Don't settle. God has His very best for you...I'm saying this because of the ring...I think perhaps it may describe what you might be feeling if you went through with it..."yeah it's not exactly what I wanted, but it's still nice." Plus the Lord has someone for you that will be a type/shadow of what true intimacy is with Him. It's a wonderful thing. It could just be pre wedding jitters because some dreams come from our many cares...just be sure you know he's the Lords anointed to lead your household lol you don't want to be under someone's authority who's not! Ok..just offering some wisdom, I don't really know your situation :) missed talking to you BTW!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godchick on Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:14 pm

Hey guys. Thanks for this feedback I really appreciate it! I'm really boggled as to what this means. My boyfriend is an amazing person. We have been dating just over two years. However, lately he seems to have changed a little bit. To do things for me, I am seeing, seems labourous to him. He doesn't seem to be givin me his HEART like he did when he was trying to 'woo' me. That's my greatest fear I think. I feel like he has only been modeled disfunction from his dad, in how to treat women. And he hates the way his dad treated his mum. (His mum passed away early last year). But I know subconsciously, there may be a view of women he may hold that I don't. I know the dream is symbolic because we have not crossed any physical boundaries why dating. So on the honeymoon, I know we would both be wanting to sleep together. At the moment, he has not seen me, as he is writing reports (we are both teachers). So, I have felt not like a priority.

I think the dream overall reflects my concerns and fears. And I think God is validating them and reassuring me to trust my gut feeling and not ignore them. We are not yet engaged because I have still been waiting for that 100% peace. Ironically I believe he could be God's choice for me. It's just waiting on God's timing.

Thanks for your responses. Daph, I have really been so bad at neglecting posts on the site. Before I was a student. Now I am a teacher and pastor and life is just so enormously full. I know you guys understand. How are you? Hope you are well.

Godchick xxx

Godchick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by John7 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:02 am

No problem Godchick... but seriously, Im just a person on the internet visiting the forum, and I could be seriously wrong. I think the best thing is to continue to pray about the dream and the Holy Spirit will reveal the truth of it in time, and maybe speaking to your Pastor could be a good idea too. Just some thoughts. God bless

John7
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:36 am

Godchick wrote:

Thanks for your responses. Daph, I have really been so bad at neglecting posts on the site. Before I was a student. Now I am a teacher and pastor and life is just so enormously full. I know you guys understand. How are you? Hope you are well.

Godchick xxx

No worries! Iveen extremely busy and absent from this site as well. John its good to see you too!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godchick on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:08 pm

Wow... it's been a while since i have been on here and i thought i would update you all... broke up with this guy about 5 months ago. Best thing I have done.

This dream was a huge warning from God. It reflected what was in my heart. Ironically it took my a whole year later to finally make the decision to break it off. WOW!!! SO blown away. What confirmation that 18 months ago I had massive reservations. Thank you Jesus! I am in the best place spiritually and mentally that I have been in in a long time... praise God! !!

Godchick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi on Sat May 03, 2014 6:44 am

Now this is amazing! It is interesting that you had reservations and Father was giving you insight. I am glad that you are at peace now.
Awesome!

Chi

Chi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:55 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top