Can anyone make sense of this???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can anyone make sense of this???

Post by Shan on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:34 pm

I dreamed I had been called by the Lord to go to some Middle Eastern country. I went alone, but knew there were people there I was supposed to team up with. I had instructions from the Lord and so did this team and we were both expecting to meet up somehow. I arrived in this country and went into the public market area where I found this open door. I knew to walk in it. I noticed everyone there was either American or from the West. They were there as missionaries, but were in hiding. A man received me and I said, "This is the first time the Lord has sent me without prior training." What I meant was that I hadn't been briefed on where I was going or what my assignment would be. I was also curious about their beliefs as far as if they believed that all the gifts are still in operation today. He told me what denomination most were, but I noticed a prominent figure from another denomination and I pointed it out, but nevertheless all of us believed very similarly and I knew I could feel comfortable working with them and that there wouldn't be any division amongst us.

Next, a little middle-eastern boy came and got me to take me to his dad in a secret location. He couldn't speak my language, but he motioned to me to keep silent. I knew the boy was being used so as to not call attention to the local Christians. He took me to a large aluminum room where I met his father. I noticed on the way there some little boys playing soccer in the dirt, when all of a sudden a man with a machine gun unloaded his weapon on them. This man was a radical. He did this just because he could and because these people were poor and undesirable. A father who was wearing a long tan and blue robe ran out into the open yelling at the top of his lungs, because his son had been shot or killed. The man with the machine gun was still firing and I somehow "rewound" that scene to make sure I saw what I saw because I was in disbelief. Sure enough, I saw this happen again in slow-motion. I thought what love this man had for his son, to run out while this man was still on a rampage to go to his son. I knew this man was of the Muslim faith. I realized I had been sent to a war zone.

In the last scene, it was late at night and I was with a native guide who was teaching me how to go about without being detected. The Christians did all of their work at night. We took off our shoes so we wouldn't make a sound. There were militants who would kill us if we were found out. We went from building to building walking quietly. It seemed that all of the buildings were metal, which made it harder to not make any sounds because our feet would kick up dirt and pebbles that would fling against the buildings. That was the end of the dream.

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can anyone make sense of this???

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:58 pm

Hi, Shan -

I may be wrong, but I really feel like this dream is about prayer for that area of the world. If God reveals a specific country or area to you, then I'd pursue that. Your first few lines made me think that God is calling you - along with others - to join in prayer for this.

The rest of the events in the dream could be literal scenes within this area.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:52 pm

Thanks, Mark

Yes, I will be in prayer for that region. I never thought about it being literal scenes playing out. When I dream of mission work in other countries, I've thought maybe God was showing me what missionaries are going through, so I usually pray for the missionary. Hmmm...

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariakitty on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:05 am

I agree with Mark, my immediate sense was you are called to pray and intercede.

Clearly at this moment there is a tremendous need for prayer for the Middle East, especially since the escalation of violence in Israel/Gaza the past few days; also many protests are happening in Jordan threatening to bring down the regime there and further destabilize the region.

I add my faith to yours and PRAY!

May the Lord continue to give you direction and clarity as He reveals His heart to you for how to intercede...
Maria

Mariakitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:08 pm

Thank you, Maria!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie44 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:58 am

I just want to add my thoughts since I work in this part of the world and have been for years now. ;-)

I guess I'd be interested to know if this part of the world was already on your heart before the dream, or if this is totally out of the blue for you. In any case, that is an amazingly graphic dream ... and this part of the world definitely needs prayer. If you want to talk about it more specifically, you can PM me and I'd love to share my experiences and hear what God is showing you. ;-)

I almost wonder if the man wearing the tan and blue could be a symbol of a secret believer - there are a lot of those from Muslim backgrounds who come to faith but can't share it. I am wondering this because you mentioned he was wearing blue and tan - and I'd love to hear if anyone else has insights about the colors. Whenever I would have pictures of people wearing that tan color, I would always associate with dirtiness or uncleanness. And then blue, of course, I associate with water and the washing of the Holy Spirit (rebirth). So I wonder if this is symbolizing someone who is either a secret believer or on the path to faith or in the process of being born again.

Obviously, the fanatic / guy with the gun would make me think of persecution. It could have something to do with Satan wanting to destroy the new / in-process Christians before they are able to be a witness. Just some thoughts!

Awesome dream.

Stephanie44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:44 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top