maybe, maybe not

View previous topic View next topic Go down

maybe, maybe not

Post by renewal on Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:21 pm

I don't know if I should even post this. No one else has dreams like mine posted. Is there a reason for this? I am a saved Christian who has had unusual dreams that ALWAYS come true the same day I wake up from the dream. I was about 12 yrs old when I had my 1st dream of the sort i'm describing. It was a dream of my favorite movie star. In the dream, I was watching the news on tv & the reporters said my favorite movie star had died. It was very realistic unlike any dream I ever had.
As soon as I woke up I said to my parents, "Isn't it so terrible that (so & so) died?" They told me it wasn't true I must have been dreaming & figured they were right.
Later that evening while I was watching the news, I experienced my dream as exactly as it was: Me sitting there with my parents watching the same anchors say the same things with the same news reel. everything. My dream had been a movie of my own experience watching tv. (sorry the movie star had died)It was a prophetic dream with no symbolism. It was an exact duplicate, so real that I couldn't tell it was a dream when I first woke up. what would the purpose of this be?
I know nothing about dream interpretation but I don't need to with mine. Looking back, the only thing I can figure is that God was preparing me for the next dreams I would have. I had a couple more dreams about people who were famous that I really didn't know & they were true the same day I woke up as well.
Then I went astray somewhat in my early 20's & didn't have these disturbing dreams
Then a few yrs later I realized my stupidity & returned strongly to my Christian faith. And I started having the dreams again. The 1st one was someone I knew. It was exactly like a movie too. No symbolism. A taped recording of a future event. The next dream I had was about my best friend. I can't even tell it. There was no way her sister would have called me at work to to tell me of her death because I hadn't talked to her sister in 15 yrs. We didn't even know each other's married name. I worked in a government institution with several hundred employees & the phone # of the place couldn't easily be found, plus she didn't know where i worked either. But when I woke up & went to work, I got the call at work from my best friend's sister, that she had passed. I had to leave work. I prayed to God to take these dreams away from me, & I havn't had one since & it's been many yrs since that prayer. NOw I feel like I have offended God & refused a gift He gave me, that maybe this would lead to something He wanted me to do to help people That I don't understand. I Look at the Biblical prophets & wonder how they slept at night. All the death & destruction God showed them & they did what God wanted them to do. I didn't. Thanks for any advice.

renewal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: maybe, maybe not

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:09 pm

Greetings, renewal -

I don't have much advice to give on what you've experienced. Certainly, you can go to God and ask Him to give you those dreams again, if that is truly what you want. I can't say that it'll be exactly the same or what he'll choose to do, but you can take it to Him...acknowledging that His ways are better than ours. He won't give you a burden to bear without his help.

As for the experience, itself - you're definitely not alone. There are plenty on this site that have had literal movie-esque dreams that play out EXACTLY like they were dreamed. I had a lot of them in my teens/early 20's - one even before I was saved. It's not as often now, but it still happens. I'm not quite as blown away when it happens now, but it still amazes me when it does. None of mine, though, have been about death - they're often just everyday "meaningless" scenes.

At any rate, welcome to the site. I'm sure others will have more to say on this topic.
Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by renewal on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:59 pm

I asked God to Give me the dreams back yrs ago, that I was ready to accept it, & apologized ti HIm, & I havn't had a dream like that again.
Thanks for responding, glad to know I'm not the only one that's had dreams like movies of the next day's events.
yes I do think one of those dreams was while I had gone astray, I'm just not positive.
Thsnkd again.

renewal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by renewal on Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:02 am

Can I get some more information please? I'm at a loss to know a helpful meaning. Thanks so much. God bless.

renewal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:42 am

I know sometimes God gives us dreams ahead of time so that we can pray. That doesn't necessarily mean that our prayers can always change the outcome, but can bring peace to those in the natural.

Abraham Lincoln dreamed of his death days before it happened. I've often wondered if his death could have been averted if he had prayed or if he prayed against it at all. I guess we'll never know.

I too have asked God to stop giving me a certain type of dream that was overwhelming. I had them night after night after night. They didn't stop completely, but drastically reduced so that I could handle them. I pray God will give you the grace and wisdom to know what to do.

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:26 am

If we were looking for a bright side of this. The one good thing thing that can be taken out of it is that there is no doubt that your dreams are literal and dependable.

I would continue to pray that God not ever show me again a dream that I can do nothing about. On the other hand, in the case of people you know, He could be giving you an opportunity to say goodbye, which could be priceless.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:24 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: