two dreams/ same church?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

two dreams/ same church?

Post by exo152 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:01 am

I recently had two dreams, a few nights apart, I believe about a church my husband and I were attending. In the first dream, we were in a large room (this is a huge church, with close to 800 in attendence), and the pastor was teaching, Along the wall was a buffet of wonderful smelling foods, mostly pies and cobblers and sweet rolls, all homemade and all smelling divine. Every so often someone would leave and start eating the food. They were enjoying it so much they just stayed there, laughing and talking with each other and eating. I noticed the others in the room were nodding off and looking bored. Then an announcement was made that all the children would be bussed to the public school for some public school funtion and I recalled being concerned because my children are homeschooled and I knew they would be left out. I went out, finding my son in the foyer, hands in his pockets and looking around as if worried. We took our children out, heading for our car, when I had an overwhelming urge to use the bathroom. The closer I got to our car, the more I knew I couldn't hold it and started to go right in the parking lot. My daughter grabbed me and said, "Mom! People are watching!" I stopped, completely embarassed at what I had almost done. We got into the car, a large, beat-up blue vehicle that I had never seen before and I was driving (my husband always drives when we are together). I am short and couldn't see out the windshield, so someone handed me a child's booster seat. I sat on it, able to see clearly and remarked "wow, I should have done this sooner." As I was driving the urge to use the bathroom hit me again, and I wet my pants, thinking to myself how much better I felt. Then I drove the vehicle through what looked like muddy roads and lumber (construction) and it was raining. We stopped at a new looking, brick building but it was mostly empty, filled with white chairs and a white screen at the front. The only person I recognized was my mother-in-law. She was sitting a few seats ahead of me and my children and when she looked back at us she looked concerned and worried. (irl we have a great realtionship and she is an annointed woman of God).We only sat there for a moment before deciding to leave and I noticed the chair I had sat in was wet from my pants and I was embarrassed and hoped no one connected it with me.

The second dream, which I dreamt just a few days later was back at the big church. My husband and I walked in but the santuary was empty. I felt an urgency to set up the chairs that were stacked against the wall. As soon as I would set a chair in place, someone would sit in it. I knew I had to hurry as it was almost time for church to start. But no one would help me. One large lady was sprawled in the floor and refused to move, so that I had to angle the chairs around her. Then two young men, dressed in plaid shirt, boots and cowboy hats came in and jumped in to help me as soon as I asked. Half-way through, I turned and noticed the musicians were arriving, carrying thier intruments. But large, billowing, tan curtains covered the platform. They looked confused, then started stacking thier instruments against the steps to the platform, and turned around, leaving. The bassist put his bass with them, then pull aside the curtain to see what was going on behind it, then dropped it back in place, shaking his head, and following the other musicians out. About that time myself and the two young men had gotten the chairs placed but when I turned around to survey our work, there were only four people in the santuary. Everyone else was gone. My husband waved to me from the back, a little white-haired lady waved at me from the front and two others were in the shadows. From behind the curtain, I heard the pastor begin the welcome everyone and I thought to myself, "he doesn't even realize no one is here!".

Since having these dreams, my husband and I have left this church, with no bad feelings, for a church closer to our home and more homeschool friendly. I believe I know what most of the first dream meant, except for after we left the church, but the rest is still a mystery. Thank you!

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: two dreams/ same church?

Post by renewal on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:05 pm

I'm no interpreter, but it sounds like maybe it was a warning not to attend that church. The fact that there was white in the building where a loved one was, may show the purity of a different church,leaving it vacant, meaning, it's open to you & your family to discover what church that might be. You were embarrassed in front of your loved one, In a place with white items, by urinating. But the urinating wasn't your fault.
So maybe if there was something that happened recently that caused you embarrassment, just know it wasn't your fault. Or, your leaving that church is now reassured to you that it was not your fault. (because you should have left anyway) Forgive me if I'm way off base, it's just my feeling.

renewal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:05 am

No, I think you may be more right than not. The first dream actually already happened irl the day we left the big church. And the reason we left was our son (who was in the foyer looking worried), confessed to us that he was upset at not fitting in and was uncomfortable in his classes). That last day I really did have to use the restroom but made myself wait until the service was over. Sitting there, the Holy Spirit reminded me about the dream. My son was even wearing the same outfit in the dream that he was wearing that day. When we left, we had to drive through road contruction and it was raining.
And I was feeling embarassed because it seemed that we weren't fitting in with anyone in the big church, like there was something we were doing wrong that was causing people to not accept us.
I will continue to pray about the meaning you got for the church with the white chairs. Your feeling about it really struck me because the church my mother-in-law is now currently attending has already let us know they would welcome our family and my husband has already been offered a position of ministry there.
Thanks for sharing!!

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:39 am

Just had to post and let you know I now know the meaning of this dream as the Holy Spirit has revealed it to me. The large church where everyone was eating or sleeping (people were being fed, but others were there in body only), we left because of the announcement about the children (we left because our son felt out of place). I felt an urgency to use the bathroom in public (leaving the church was a flesh-decision, based on my feelings). My driving the beat-up vehicle (I was driving the decision to leave and it was a bad choice). My wetting my pants while driving (further confirmation that I was following my flesh and what "felt" good). The new brick church we came to was actually two churches we have since attended. One my mother-in-law attends. We have tried to find our place in both, have been offered opportunity to minister in both and have come to the realization that although our flesh wanted to leave the big church, it was the only place our spirits were being fed. We are currently still attending my mother-in-laws church, but will be making the move soon back to the big church. I fear that wet chair I leave behind means that I will leave a mess from leaving projects I took on and have since come to realize I took them on in my own power, not with the leading of the Holy Spirit.

The second dream simply showed how a shaking was coming to the big church and many who allowed themselves to be shaken loose, would leave. That did happen a few months after we left the big church.

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:23 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top