What does this tornado ending mean?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What does this tornado ending mean?

Post by exo152 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:21 pm

Hello,
About ten years ago I had a dream in which my husband and I were on a journey. We were holding hands and with great anticipation entered a white dairy barn. As we walked through it we kept saying, this is the way. But we eventually came to narrower and narrower passages until we came to a cramped space with the exit nailed shut. Patiently we backtracked and as we left we found ourselves before a wide, beautiful white, wooden bridge, arched over a deep, blue, placid river. "This is it!" we told each other, walking over the bridge hand in hand. But before long, boards on the bridge were missing, then more and more until we found ourselves jumping from one floating board to the next, until they were all gone, just the river before us. Again we backtracked and made our way back to the beginning of the bridge to a road. We climbed into a car (little red cavalier that we owned at the time) and drove off. Again we were filled with anticipation. "This is it!" We drove until we reached a crossroads. We could either go left or right, and we sat for a while debating which direction to go. "Right." We finally decided. But as we drove along, sure of our choice, the car began to sputter and eventually ran out of gas. We were still undaunted and got out of the car, again hand in hand and walked down the road. Before we had gone very far we came upon a small house sitting a ways up the hill with a huge barn close to the road (this actually resembles the house we own now, but we were living elsewhere when I dreamed this). Immediatly people poured from the house, plain people, but very loving and kind. They urged us to stay and eat, said they almost had the meal ready. And they had gas for our car that we could use to get us back on our way afterward. We went to the house and sat at the table while they finished preparing the meal and setting the table. I got the feeling they were almost a ministry of helps. But before they were done I noticed something out the large front window. I got closer and was terrified to see a huge tornado swirling straight for us. Behind me everyone was carrying on as usual. But I was so frozen with fear that I couldn't warn anyone. Then I awoke. I have never been able to forget the dream and feel, with the last year's events in my family's lives, that we are just about to that farmhouse. But I still do not have the interpretation of what the tornado means.

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What does this tornado ending mean?

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:05 pm

A tornado represents a very stressful feeling. The thing about tornadoes is that they don't necessarily mean something bad is going to happen, what they foretell is the feeling of high levels of stress.

Previously in the dream you were undaunted by all the troubles that seemed to come your way and then you came to this great place, where you were being blessed and it was then that you were hit with intense stress.

Have you had any seriously stress filled situations?

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:17 pm

Wow! You hit the nail on the head! I actually dreamed this dream during a season of my life when my husband and I had just stepped down from many years of youth ministry. We had a year that was a God-ordained rest. The dream, I felt meant the coming ministry for us. A year later we were called into pastoral ministry. And it played out exactly as the dream went, including the fork in the road and running out of gas (the church's finances literally seemed to dry up). Again we felt led to a God ordained rest and stepped out of ministry as of June of this year. But this year has been the hardest I have ever remembered stress-wise....finances, my parent's health, the unexpected death of a nephew, our oldest son in a horrible car accident while visiting family out of state, just to name a few. In fact it has seemed as if we barely recover from one thing before another strikes. I have had a bout with shingles (which the doctor told me was stress-related) and also have had to stand against panic-attacks. Thank you again. The dream has been coming back to me a lot here lately and with all the attacks against our family this year, that tornado was really getting to me!

exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:26 pm

I would just lift all these situations up in prayer and realize that the tornado is not destruction. It's just stress. I would also ask God to show you some good news to comfort you for your future.

Hugs,

huggins

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:31 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top