A confrontation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A confrontation

Post by Daisy on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:35 pm

Irl I have broken ties with a old friend of mine. I have not gone into detail with her on the reasons why....im not so good with confrontations...expecially with stronger personalities like hers. I have taken steps back from this friendship, bc I have relized I do not trust her. She talks negative about everyone, and tells me people's business. I have had a couple incidences in which I know in my heart she has repeated my business to others when asked to keep confidential. I can't prove any of this, but I know it to be true in my heart. Bc I can't prove anything, and I know without a doubt she would never admit it, I have chosen not to confront the person...ending the friendship. I know a confrontation would only bring on a battle, NOT a resolution or confession, and definitely not a change in this person. In this case I feel the confrontation would not be fruitful. I base this on past confrontations with her. Even if she did admit to breaking my trust, I don't believe I could trust her as a close friend ever again.

I dreamed I was back in fellowship with this friend. As we are talking, she starts drilling me with questions (which is what she does do with everyone Irl). I was slipping back into just spilling all my personal business to her, when I caught myself. I was mad, quite angry when o relized this and started to tell her off. I said in a very angry tone, " this is exactly why I ended our friendship with u! You drill people with a bunch of questions like you are a detective, then they open up to you and you spill their business all over the place! I don't trust you! That's why I want to end this friendship with you!!" I was angry in the dream, and I felt very pressured by her.

I don't remember anything else.....

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A confrontation

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:10 pm

Hi, Daisy -

Do you see traits of this person in anyone else in your life? If so, do you think that you could have a confrontation with that person...even if you wouldn't with the real, literal friend? I was just wondering if this could be about an interaction with someone similar...

Also - and I don't know if this could be the case when it comes to dreams - but, since you said that you wouldn't bother to have a confrontation with this person in real life...do you think that the dream was a means of closure between you and that person? I mean, even if you didn't talk to them in real life, the dream sorta gave you the opportunity to let out how you felt. After having the dream, did you feel any different toward the situation with that friend?

Just some thoughts. This can be way off.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:18 pm

I think ur right mark, I did kinda get to let it out in the dream! I gotta admit, it felt really good to let it out in the dream. I know even if i would have chose to confront this situation irl, I would never had let it all out like I did in the dream. I try to really be sensitive to others feelings Irl, so I would have been much softer and probably not saying everything I really felt. There was no holding back in the dream, and I felt a relief from this. I believe this dream was def for closure for me. Irl even after the dream, I no longer want this friendship bc I see it wasn't fruitful.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:18 pm

Thanks for ur interp, it really helped!

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:18 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top