I feel like oncoming disasters might by some of our faults

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I feel like oncoming disasters might by some of our faults

Post by KDRE on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:10 pm

Speaking on the current election.. I just said this to a friend who called the current presidential candidates evil puppets of Satan

Ill say this. Im disappointed in our leadership today. I've seen more preachers and church folks candidate endorsing than calling for prayer like the scriptures said... We yell prayer changes things but don't do it lol... There are specifics for us to follow, including not speaking evil of dignitaries, but I see it anyway over and again.. Its like a vicious cycle of the same old loop when it doesn't have to be.. I was on a small email chain of some of my preacher friends years ago and one of them sent a pic of George Bush (president at the time).. some kind of Bush Joke. Pastor Johnny Thompson sent us one scripture and it stuck with me forever. It was I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Is that too hard to do?

I feel like we have the chance to make a change, but many of the saints seem to be caught up in the same whirlwind as the rest of the world... Who's a liar, who isnt doing what, blah blah blah
When things begin to happen because judgement comes, how can we blame one man?

Where is the prayer, who's calling on God to intervene... He can change the kings heart if he wills.... Do we not believe in praying together unless something tragic happens

Its like we know people don't have the answer but we continue to point the baton towards them anyway.

I can hear the spirit telling us the same answer we continue to remember for a time then leave it

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

15 Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attent unto the prayer that is made in this place.

Forgive me if this seems like ranting because its not , or at least not meant to be laugh

I'd like to see a real change as many others do, but the focus seems to be off.

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I feel like oncoming disasters might by some of our faults

Post by True Flight on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:42 pm

I have been saying the same thing, but haven't done the best job to comply myself. Now things have gotten tougher on me and the family, I feel completely lost. We will be making some hard decisions in the next couple days.

True Flight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:19 am

I just felt this way because of what i've been observing. Too many of us are asleep on the job

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:32 am

This is good stuff. I've been saying this all along and it just baffles me how the church has become so like the world when it comes to talking about leadership...instead of praying.

I put something on my FB page this morning. I've been silent about the elections...I've not voiced my opinion about anything, but this morning I was fed up. All of the people for months were posting things that have nothing to do with where we are going as THE BODY OF CHRIST. We have not utilized the power and authority given to us through Jesus...instead, we've spewed UGLY things from our hearts and mouths against MAN, who DOES NOT hold the answer to the future. So this morning I posted Romans 13:1...which stated that GOD puts leaders in position.

The church is NOT praying...they are caught on which side they represent and NEITHER represents righteousness...and if you think so...then I feel sorry for you.

The title of this post is regarding oncoming disasters being some of our fault...and to extent I agree, but I don't feel like God is doing it. The Bible says that the EARTH GROANS awaiting the sons of God to manifest. It will continue to groan until we get into position. It will continue to groan until we do just like the scripture you posted in Chronicles...humble ourselves and PRAY!

Ugh...we must STOP with the back and forth. The church MUST get into position. I don't blame the Republicans and I don't blame the Democrats...I BLAME THE CHURCH for not discerning the times as we should. There is a shift in the spiritual realm. Key dictators have left the face of this earth within the past 5 years. God is doing a NEW thing...do you not know it?

Thanks for posting this...I just had to get some of my frustration out because it's been on me and my prayers have changed because of it.

Lord help US!!!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:54 am

Hey Cholette

I appreciate your thoughts always

Regardless of who sits in the oval office, we need God to do something just as we have the last however many years and didnt reach out to him, so when I say our fault, I say the church as a whole isn't united enough to actually pray changes in the earth, but it looks like more of us than ever have gone into the political arena this election like we forgot about God

I wasn't trying to be deep or anything, it was just a bit astonishing to see so much of it happening. I understand people's choice one way or another, but we should know better... I dont think we learned enough from Israel and Saul

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:52 am

...and this is still the same feeling. Its sad but some bad stuff is coming.

Church still isn't praying.

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:09 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top