Will I be able to get out of work in time?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Will I be able to get out of work in time?

Post by Daisy on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:33 pm

I had a dream I was at my old job as a nanny. In the dream, I was thinking I was suppose to stay at work until 6. I was suppose to have my daughter at an event to meet her teacher at 430 at her school. I was thinking of sending my husband only, but I wanted to be there too. I felt bad giving such short notice to my boss. I was running errands and taking care of her kids, and contemplating how to handle this. At one point i remember changing a baby diaper. There was a scene where I drove past my childhood home, my dad still lives there now. The yard looked worn down, and it was a bit gloomy (kind of how it is in real life over there. Its sort of depressing to visit my dad. They have addiction, health, and money problems. Its always hard to see them so unhappy). The funny thing is, in the dream my boss' kids didn't age. They were the ages that they were when I first started the job 13 years ago. But both my kids were their ages today, and they were with me at work (irl this would have never been allowed by my boss). We were all in the kitchen (my boss, her two kids, my two kids, my husband, and I). I was helping her prepare dinner. There was a lot going on in the kitchen. I grabbed a half gallon of milk out of the fridge, it was the cardboard kind. I set it on the floor, it was leaking a bit. My boss looks at me and says, "Its time for you to leave". She didn't say it rude, she said it nicely. I didn't even get the chance to ask her if it was ok for me to leave early or not. She already knew, and released me to go early. I felt like I had favor with her, and I was happy the whole family got to go to my daughters event together.

I like the part about the kitchen, LOTS of preparation going on.

Please feel free to share any thoughts.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top