Suddenly Married

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Suddenly Married

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:47 pm

To be honest, this is my first marriage-themed dream (I think).

In the dream, I awoke in a childhood house - I dreamed of this house the day before, actually. Here's the thing: I was married! I was aware that I was suddenly married, and I knew the girl from real life...although I haven't seen or heard from her since high school. She was a childhood friend of my sister; and, while we did have one class together, we weren't any more than schoolmates. Apparently, it was the morning after we had been married. I had left the bedroom and was in the kitchen when I really began to "wake up" to my situation. She was still asleep. I was a little panicked at the change in circumstances, although I felt it was a good thing - I just wasn't prepared since I didn't even feel like we knew each other that well! I was about to leave for work that morning, and I was unsure of what I should do before I left - basically, should I even say goodbye and let her know that I was leaving? I thought about going back to the room and just kissing her forehead, but I didn't do that, either. It was an awkward place of uncertainty. Then, as I was waking up (for real), I looked at my hand and found that I didn't have a ring on. Now I really panicked (still barely asleep), because I thought that I had forgotten the rings and had really messed up the whole marriage-thing.

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suddenly Married

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:08 pm

Wow. Okay.

Are you married?

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:14 pm

No, I am not - and not seeing anyone at this time, either!

Just to be clear: I don't recall seeing this girl during the dream. I only knew that I was married and to whom.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:50 pm

ahem.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:16 pm

I don't understand what you mean, Mia. There was nothing inappropriate in the dream, nor meant by what I wrote. If it's being taken that way, I'm afraid there may be a misunderstanding.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:41 pm

Hi Mark,

I read your dream a couple of days ago, and it has come to mind several times since. I also read the one with your Mum in it, and the possible interpretation... I wonder if this one is in the same kind of vein?

I wonder if (perhaps through the process of visits and a funeral) you will suddenly feel connected with your past.

I don't know your situation... perhaps you still live in your hometown and have a very close family... but I thought that I would share this anyway, and you can discount it if it doesn't fit.

Blessings to you :o)

Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:10 pm

Thank you, Diane. Blessings to you as well. :)

Just to comment: I do still live in my hometown and I have a very close family. :)

I'm going to say that I think this dream is separate from the other dream. In fact, this one manifested (or, rather, is in progress since) Sunday. The feelings in the dream made that much clear to me. Not to be mysterious or anything, but I don't think I should share much more other than maybe saying that it's not literal at all, just in case anyone thought it might be about literal marriage or something.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:42 pm

:o) I'm happy that I can be so far off base and it is okay :o)

Glad you figured it out Mark!

Blessings to you and your family, Di

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:49 am

Hi Mark. I didn't think there was anything inappropriate.

If you would care to share it would be great for everyone to know how it manifested. Especially for those looking for dreams relating to marriage. Would you mind sharing?

Hugs,
Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:10 am

Hmmm....how about I speak in some generalities out here, and then maybe I'll PM you, Mia, and tell you more...if you don't mind?

The feelings in the dream made it very clear what it was about, because I felt the EXACT same sense of confusion/questioning over the past weekend. In this case, the situation of marriage was about a commitment - something that I'm married to, per se.

In the dream, I was uncertain about how to leave this spouse as I headed to work. I feel that this was about my struggle with those same feelings as I left the rest from the weekend and began this work-week. The dream wasn't about ending a commitment - it was how to go about my weekly routine while dealing with my own confusion surrounding the commitment, itself.

The symbolism of not having the rings for the marriage - that all tied to my own uncertainty with the situation. I had felt that, somehow, I had messed up. Although, again, I didn't think that by not having the rings that I wasn't married - only that I had botched an important part of it.

Just to repeat: This is definitely not a future-spouse dream or anything like that. Thankfully, I knew that much by what I had learned here: That the feelings of the dream mean so much in determining what the dream relates to in real life.

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:58 am

YAY! Your post made me so happy! I love to hear that we help people to understand their dreams and this just tickled me pink!

happy dance

PS My marriage dreams are about ministry commitments and they usually are about me feeling unnecessarily embarassed or inadequate. How funny.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:30 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top