Knocking at my bedroom door

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Knocking at my bedroom door

Post by Jazzy on Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:40 pm

While sleep last night, I remember hearing knocking at my bedroom door twice. The first time I heard it, I didn't pay any attention to it because I was in a sleep, trance state and was feeling too lazy to react.

The second time, I dreamt it was daytime and I was on my bed either resting or browsing on my laptop. Someone knocked at my door, and I said, "come in!" Nobody entered, so I said even louder, "COME INNN!!" Still nothing. I rolled over on my bed and was about to get out of my bed to open the door until I saw that my door was already partially open, yet nobody was there. That scared me so much I walked to the door to shut it.

I heard another knock at my door while studying in my room tonight, and that made me remember my dream last night. A disappointment I have with myself is that I consistently pray that the Lord speaks to me about how to handle certain stress and friendship issues, but if I were to actually hear something from him, I'd be frightened to see or hear something from the unnatural because I'd initially wonder where it's coming from rather than trusting it is Him. My dream bothers me because now I feel that was symbolic for Jesus walking into my life to provide solutions, but because I was scared of the unknown I shut the door. And honestly, if my dream was to happen in my waking life prior to this exact second, I probably would do the same because I'd be so scared. But now, after reflecting over this, I now know to think of the knock as a knock from Jesus and to not be afraid.

Is there any confirmation on this?

Jazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Knocking at my bedroom door

Post by Cholette on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:48 am

Hi Jazzy,

I'm not really sure what your dream or experience means, but I can share what happened to me years ago, when this happened to me.

I Was asleep just like you were, but the knock woke me up to the point I went to my bedroom door and no one was there and the family I was living with at the time were fast asleep. I thought I was dreaming so I went back to bed and as I was going back into a deep sleep, I heard it again, but this time I heard the Holy Spirit speak to me and say, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock". Because I knew the scripture, I immediately understood what was going on and I said what Samuel said..."speak Lord, for your servant is listening".

That night, The Lord began ministering to me through scripture. He led me on a journey in his word that encouraged me within a very difficult season I was in at the time.

What The Lord was doing for me was getting my attention. He used the knocking sound at the door to let me know he was knocking at the door of my heart...but I wasn't listening. Once I did, he had lots to say. I can honestly say, looking back, that was one of the most progressive seasons of my life. I grew in God's word even noticeably to my own self.

If this is what God is using to get your attention, like he did me, sit before him and let him speak or walk you through his word.

Blessings

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzy on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:46 pm

Wow! That is just absolutely awesome! What a peaceful moment! Thank you so much for your response. I haven't heard knocking since that night, but one day I did come home after classes and my bedroom door was cracked open just as in my dream. I usually shut my bedroom door when I leave in the mornings (but I could have easily left it halfway open), so I thought maybe my roommate was in my room or something. But then as I approached my room, I instantly remembered my dream. I knew not to feel scared or be afraid. I was like praise Jesus! This week is going better for me emotionally and academically and I feel the Lord's presence and grace. I just have to remember not let small issues get to me and worry me, but just pray and leave it in the Lord's hands as He will provide. My mind is just so clear this week as I did well on my exam and quizzes earlier this week. I'm praying for continuation of this clear mind so I can do well on my exam tomorrow as well. Thank you again, and I will keep your response in mind if I hear the knock again :)

Jazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:30 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top