Going on a Mission trip but forgot to pack

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Going on a Mission trip but forgot to pack

Post by rosebush on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:05 am

I was leaving for a 5-day mission tour to a foreign country, Tuesday through Saturday, but when I arrived realized I had forgotten to pack a suitcase and forgot to get a VISA. A friend was there (Betsy) and she also forgot to pack. I note she has a bright orange-yellow sweater on. The leader, a pastor I know named Mark, came up to us and was very disappointed that we did not pack a bag. Betsy decides to stay and just make do with no change of clothes. I decide to return home.

As far as the characters in my dream, Mark is a pastor in my town that was assistant pastor in a troubled church. He was asked to take over the church for a time while the pastor had a hiatus, but when the pastor was ready to return, Mark would not give the church back to the rightful pastor. There was a battle and the original pastor decided to depart for the sake of peace. Mark was left with a church that was then declared condemned due to structural issues of the church. He has made several moves with this church since moving out of the church building, holding on that the Lord will bless the fellowship. I don't believe this pastor is called to head pastor a church.

Betsy was a baby sister that watched my son when he was small and many other children.

Both Mark and Betsy were strong servant types.

Thanks for any help!
Rose

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Going on a Mission trip but forgot to pack

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:25 am

Hi, Rose -

These are only my thoughts, so please consider them as such. Now, unless you're actually heading on a literal 5-day mission tour, I was thinking that this dream may be about a short-term task - maybe even something that doesn't seem incredibly spiritual or extraordinary. What stands out about it (to me) are the details: This was something that, when the time came for action, you weren't prepared. Betsy's orange-yellow sweater (which you said stood out to you) could be a symbol for caution and proceeding slowly...which may make sense if you aren't prepared for whatever the situation is. She may be symbolic for someone else that decides to go ahead while obviously being underprepared, while you would (possibly) withdraw from the task. The pastor could be symbolic for a few possibilities: Perhaps another person with some sort of spiritual authority, or perhaps even the Holy Spirit.

Was there any further outcome to this dream? How did you feel at the end of it? Also, is there anything coming up that, as of right now, you recognize that you're not prepared for - at least as far as some of the obvious stuff goes (symbolized by the Suitcase and VISA)? If this hasn't come to pass, do you have time, yet, to prepare (say, if this was a warning dream of sorts)?

Again, these are just thoughts and can be totally off.
Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rosebush on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:55 am

Hi Mark!

I just had this dream last night so have only had today to think it over. I'm having trouble figuring out what the trip means in my daily life. I have no trip and no ministry at hand that I am urgently considering. It may make more sense in the coming days. I had no particular emotions in this dream except the surprise I felt when I realized I'd arrived and had not packed a suitcase.

God bless you for your time!
Rose

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:45 pm

These are just my thoughts as I considered your dream. Do you think there is any correlation between your returning home and being unprepared and your feelings regarding commitment to this pastor's church? Are there any doubts, heistations? You said the pastor was disappointed that you and your friend hadn't packed. Maybe he wouldn't be happy if you left his congregation. Betsy could just represent two choices that can be made--go home where you are more prepared, or go ahead and go even if you aren't fully prepared.

Shannon

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rosebush on Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:50 am

I believe it is significant that the Mark of my dream I believe is pastoring a church he is not called to pastor. I have wondered if the dream is about something I have made a minor commitment to (Betsy = vow) that I end up discovering isn't spirit led. I'm definitely careful to watch for this in my activities -- being led of the spirit and not myself or others. I do believe it is especially easy for servant types, because we are so willing, to get caught up in commitments that may not be of God. I've wondered if the dream is saying -- congratulations, you're no longer taking on obligations that I am not calling you to. I know it was a place I needed some pruning.

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:46 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top