Someone Tells Me About My Body

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Someone Tells Me About My Body

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:38 pm

Hello, all -

This was a very short scene in a night where I had a handful of longer, more memorable dreams. This one bothers me, because I don't understand the purpose for it...

The dream was simple: A female whom I do not know was standing before me. She pointed to a small mark on her face and said to me, "You have this on your body, don't you?" She said it in a way that was more like she already knew, not so much as to get confirmation. She was telling me that she knew about it - though it's actually on my side, so it's covered up to everyone but me.

Emotion-wise, it wasn't positive or negative...just a fact. I might have felt a little surprised that a "stranger" knew such a thing about me.

Any thoughts?
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Someone Tells Me About My Body

Post by Shan on Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:11 pm

I may be making this too simple here, but the first thing that came to mind was that you are " marked" or set aside for the Lord, as all Christians are, and that you don't have to say or do anything for this to be noticed by others who are marked too. I would venture to even say that this is probably more perceived by those who are well adept at discerning the Spirit. A question to ask yourself if you haven't already is, did the mark's color stand out to you?

Just thoughts...

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:40 pm

Shan wrote:did the mark's color stand out to you?

Not at all, really. Just the fact that it was on her face for many to see, while I knew that mine was covered.

The other things you said, though, seem right as far as what the dream may be about. It fits with some things I've had on my mind, lately. So, thanks! :)

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzy on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:29 am

[quote=

She pointed to a small mark on her face and said to me, "You have this on your body, don't you?"

though it's actually on my side, so it's covered up to everyone but me.

[/quote]

Hi Mark,

I just wanted to mention when I read that part, it automatically illustrated to me Paul's thorn in his flesh.

I also agree with Shan that it's a mark of the Lord. However, I also see it as a bulls eye for the enemy. You are marked, Mark (lol I had to say that), but because yours is covered unlike the lady's, I feel you can do the Lord's Will without much interference from the enemy. I hope that made sense.

In either case, overall I think it's quite humbling.

Jazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:20 pm

Just my thoughts but it sounds like someone highlighting 'intimate' details about you but who may also identify this in themselves, 'you both know?'

Chi

Chi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:59 am

Hi Mark,
One of the things that came to my mind was how in the body of Christ we can act like sandpaper to one another; like the Bible says, iron sharpens iron.

I know in my own life some of the people who irritate me the most are those MOST LIKE ME--My flesh sees their flesh and wants to rise up. For instance I struggle with perfectionism and if I see perfectionism in someone else, that trait in them really bothers me. I find myself thinking that person must have obsessive compulsive disorder or something lol! until I realize I act the same way lol! and then I stop being so critical.

Another thing I've learned is the things in our life that we think are so hidden are way more obvious to others (maybe not everybody but many) than we think. So these are my thoughts and I will quit preaching now. hee hee --Debbie

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:27 am

Ah, Debbie...I feel that this may be it. Everyone's had some very good things to say on this dream, and I've taken a lot away from it all. I do feel, though, that a self-check may be in order.

Sharing your own example was a good way to administer this medicine to me. :)

Thanks,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:12 am

SmileyCentral.comI hope it tasted better than this! laugh You're welcome.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:24 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top