A remodel is in the making of my childhood home

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A remodel is in the making of my childhood home

Post by Daisy on Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:59 am

I was in my childhood home, which is still lived in by my dad and step mom Irl. In the dream they were thinking of renting this out. I seen the potential of the home, but also the wear and tear that needed remodeling. My dad since the house has slowly deteriorated while he was living there, was sort of not seeing the true wear and tear of the home, not seeing the situation clearly. He thought he could get full price for this home, without any updates being made. He was not being realistic. I was trying to persuade him in a nice way to see how if he made a few simple inexpensive updates, that he would get more than anticipated out of it. I had to start pointing out things to him that would need to get fixed to get the full reward. The carpet would need to be ripped out, it was really old and dirty. I told him I would handle the repairs. Some of his rooms had original hardwood that he had restored when his health was ok (Irl and the dream). The carpet was only in the living room and hall. I was thinking I could Inexpensively replace this with clean and cheap carpet, or I could teach myself how to resurface the floor to match the existing hardwood. I started asking my dad if he used a electric power sander on the other floors. I was confident that I could match the other floors with stain. I knew there was damage underneath the carpet from cat urine. I also entertained the thought of just painting over the wood after i sanded the damaged parts down. I started looking at other areas of the home. The kitchen was newly remodeled (in the dream and also Irl). The funny thing is in the dream, my dad had the kitchen floor replaced with really outdated flooring. This part brings tears to my eyes to type bc, this flooring has sentimental value to both him and I (this flooring was replaced many years ago Irl). I helped him lay this exact design of flooring when I was a little girl, about 5 yrs old. In the dream, I was sure this needed replacing since it was not going with the new countertops, even though the flooring was in good shape. I was not sentimental of removing it in the dream, only as i type this now. I seen the cabinets were sort of newer, but didn't really go with the kitchen counters. I thought I could paint them, and replace the knobs to make this a kitchen that flows and looks new. In the kitchen there was a little nook (this nook is not existent in the house Irl). It was a cute little area, but I could see the nicotine all built up on the walls. There was also wallpaper that was attempted to be ripped off, but someone gave up and left the remnants on the wall. It looked horrible. I thought for sure now the whole house walls would need to be scrubbed and painted. My dad, since he is a heavy smoker doesn't see why anyone wouldn't want to inhabit the home, bc he doesn't mind the nicotine...but i knew in my heart that will limit our possible prospects to only smokers if we dont clean it up. In the kitchen was the appliances that my dad and step mom planned on taking with them when they moved out. I was happy about this, bc their appliances first of all didn't match (the fridge was yellow), but they were also very old and run down. I was thinking that I could find some used appliances that matched Inexpensively, maybe like two years old, for the new renters. Near the end of the dream, I noticed the gaudy wallpaper on one wall in the living room.
I was certain that needed to be replaced for someone to want to rent the house. I knew there was a lot of work ahead of me, but I was ready for the task.

Any thoughts please feel free to share. I'm looking for a confirmation, and to see if I could be missing something too. :hooray:

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A remodel is in the making of my childhood home

Post by Daisy on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:08 pm

wink

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:29 pm

This dream has manifested!! My step mom gave her life to The Lord yesterday!! It was such a beautiful thing to be able to see!! I'm so proud of her! I also know she is strategic to getting my dad to have a relationship with The Lord!! woo hoo

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Oh that's awesome!!!!! I'm so happy for you and your stepmom and I rejoice with the angels !!!!!! woo hoo woo hoo :glory: Cheering clapping

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:46 pm

She is so on fire for God! This is so cool to watch!

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:17 am

PRAISE GOD!

What were your dad's feelings in the dream? I had the sense that this dream is about your dad and you trying to help restore him.... although with you, it could definitely be about renting their house.

He doesn't see anything wrong with the house, does this sound like he doesn't see himself in need of saving because he doesn't think he is a sinner in need of salvation?

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:55 pm

Yes...he has in the past proclaimed himself as an atheist. Thou I know better. When my stepmom had a major surgery, he asked me to pray to the big guy for him. this tells me in his heart he believes. He was very hurt as a child by another church member, and his parents didn't believe him and was still forced to go to church. it was also a dead church...meaning the Holy Spirit was not welcome in this church. I believe he was embittered by this experience. He is still very prideful, and doesn't admit his mistakes from the past or present. He is an addict, and my step mom was as well. She is now clean, and seeking God. The dr is getting ready to cut him off his pain pills,so hopefully he will follow my step moms lead. I have been praying for them for over 20 years. He loves her so much, but I know right now they are headed in different directions. I hope and pray he will soon surrender, bc it's very hard to sit back and watch him be so miserable...both for my stepmom and the rest of the family.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:56 pm

She is moving forward with god, with or without him. I hope he follows soon. Her influence on him has been quite powerful in the past...so hopefully that will continue.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:25 pm

This is definitely about your dad's unwillingness to be restored just like he saw no need for the house to be restored.

Okay. I believe this dream is about the last part........

I knew there was a lot of work ahead of me, but I was ready for the task.

PRAYER. Keep him in prayer, sister. Actually, I personally would declare all out war against hell because you can be sure that they will be working overtime. I would join a group of intercessors and take back the ground that they have stolen. In the NT, when Peter wanted out of prison, he told the believers to keep on praying, basically night and day. That says to me, prayer is VITAL to things being moved on earth.

Happy hunting.

If you would like for me to pray with you, pm me and I will give you my number. We can start our own local chapter of internet intercessors. Kinda catchy, don't ya think?

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:39 pm

Amen! Thanks Mia! I will pm you!

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:40 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top