Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lara

Update: Playing the lottery versus trusting God

Almost two weeks ago, I posted on a problem I was facing (see the original thread).

God came though for me in a way that I didn't quite expect as at first it just didn't seem miraculous enough to me and I was disappointed because I thought I had to end up doing things myself but an older christian friend put it in perspective for me. She said God can respond how he chooses to and he did.

I got the keys to 1 piece fully furnished studio on Thursday in nice building not far from where I was living before. It's only temporary as the house manager said that there is a housing shortage and there are no available permanent flats. (I really wish this wasn't the case, I really like it here :S ) So as long as I can come up with the cash I can stay here until the end of October.

God also arranged through a rather unpleasant happening for me to be refunded my caution at the other place last night, so I won't be broke for the remainder of the month at least. After than happened, I felt so ashamed of myself. I felt ashamed because I had been kind of murmuring about God's methods and he looked out for me at a time when I was kind of losing heart.

What I gained from this experience is that we should always trust God and know that he can respond any way he sees fit. (Now if only I could do this on a consistent basis instead of being so hit or miss :( !!! )

PS: I didn't play the lottery.