I could choose my own plane...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I could choose my own plane...

Post by Shan on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:46 pm

I had a dream a while ago and it keeps coming up in my spirit and I'd like some thoughts on it if you don't mind.

I was going overseas as a missionary. I went to a private airport and was told by the owner that I could choose whatever plane I wanted. He was making a grand gesture by stating this as it was a classy airport mainly for the rich and elite.

I walked by many Cessna's and sleek corporate jets and passed them all as not fit for me for some reason. Then I came upon an old military carrier, one of those HUGE planes. The ramp was down that led into the belly of the plane, so I walked up into it and chose it for my travels. When I walked in however, there were all these college students (at least 100) inside and it was designed like a gameroom that would appeal to that age of people. They all had only one backpack for their travels and most of them were on the floor lying on their sides to make room for everybody. They were going on a mission trip too, but not to the same place I was going. I squeezed in among them and layed down in between some people. Everyone was "spooning" and I felt a little uncomfortable, but I did it anyway. That was the end of my dream.

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I could choose my own plane...

Post by True Flight on Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:08 pm

It sounds to me like God is offering you his best and even giving you options, But you are taking the easy road / or the path more traveled, and its not a very good fit.

just my thoughts

Does this have something to do with helping out at the Church?
I'm curious what you come up with.

True Flight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:56 am

Hmm... I hadn't thought of it that way, but I'll consider it.

I felt in the dream like the other planes were shallow and represented greed and I wanted nothing to do with them. The big plane I felt like you said, that it was more traveled I thought it had completed more missions. We were also going overseas and I knew it would be a long flight. I think the plane represented a calling.

The parts that I didn't understand were the students and the spooning. I think I would have felt comfortable if I were more their age. I'm almost old enough to be their mom. But, you've given me something to think about now.

Thx!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:08 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top