Winning a trip to speak to the Jews...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Winning a trip to speak to the Jews...

Post by Shan on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:24 pm

I had this dream during a nap today.

I was at some sort of fast food restaurant (I think Dairy Queen) and the lady behind the counter presented me with a scratch-off that revealed prizes. She scratched it off for me and the first one had something with a two in it like 2 or 22, I can't remember. She said that no one had ever won that prize and indicated that it was something special. She then said that since I won that prize, she could stratch off another area of the ticket. She said, "Oh my gosh, I can't believe this! No one has ever won this either!" I didn't see what she scratched off. She then told me she was going to have to call the man who was over the prizes. I got the idea that I was their grand-prize winner. She talked with him a bit and then handed the phone to me. He told me I had won a trip to somewhere (I couldn't distinguish what he said exactly.) When he described it further, he told me I was to go tell the Jews in Africa that they are supposed to return to Israel, because they hadn't heard and had absolutely no knowledge that their returning was timely. My mind almost couldn't comprehend what he was saying, so I asked him to repeat it. He did. I then started to reason. I reasoned that how could this company give this trip to just anyone who won this prize? I was thinking about the possibility of someone not being a Christian who might have won instead of me? I told the guy that I couldn't speak to a whole bunch of people. After I expressed doubt, I could no longer understand what he was saying. I asked several times for him to confirm this to me. Then I laughed, not because anything was funny, but more like Zacharias did.I'm embarrassed to say that I was almost mocking what this man said. I said, "You expect me to do this?" I then ended up feeling bad about it and told the man that I could do anything Jesus would have me do. Yet, I still couldn't understand him. I ended up hanging up the phone and he didn't call back.

Thoughts for confirmation here?

Last edited by Shan on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added something for clarification)

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Winning a trip to speak to the Jews...

Post by Daisy on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:22 pm

Do u feel in ur heart that God may call u to do missions? Something greater than u feel ur capable of (which of coarse is not true)? Be encouraged, if God calls and provides to send u out, He most certainly will anoint u to do His service. Just my thoughts.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi Daisy,

Yes, there is a call on my life for missions and have done some things on a small level. But the vision I thought God gave me was something more like ministering to the missionaries who are on the field and I thought that I'd be doing that with my husband. I've NEVER gotten anything as specific as calling the African Jews back to Israel. It kind of freaks me out. I'm willing to go though.

Do you have any thoughts on me laughing at the guy? It really bothers me that I'd have that attitude. I'm not like that -- at least in MY estimation. I'm wondering if maybe my attitude was exaggerated in the dream to get my attention ???

Thanks for your response. I've been hoping this dream would catch someone's attention!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:27 am

Yeah, I agree with u...maybe the laughing was exaggerated to draw attention to it. I didn't see it as a huge negative, to me it just made me think that what God may call you to do in the future may be much higher of a calling than you thought initially...maybe even out the range of what u believe ur abilities r. To me it showed ur willing heart as well, even though u thought the task was a big one. Just a thought, but I think of the possibility of the exact location that was in the dream could also be another location irl. In other words, keep ur mind and heart open to anywhere the lord may call u too, to where u may feel, "wow lord, ur really calling ME to this great task" anywhere in the world. Just some thoughts. Please pray on them...and toss what doesn't fit.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:40 pm

Thanks, Daisy. I will put this before the Lord:0)

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:36 pm

WOW Shan!! I agree with Daisy, this is definately about your call to Missions and I would say that when I read about you going to the African Jews and telling them to return to Israel, I saw that as a symbol of telling them to return back to their "first love"...Christ. I see a lot of your insecurities playing out in this dream. God is revealing where you are in your mindset regarding how you measure up to the call.

When you laughed, I likened that to Sarah. She didn't laugh because she was mocking the promise, she was laughing because of her doubt in what God was able to do in her because of her baring a child at her age. It's not about age with you, but it's about your ability and that's it. Notice how after you laughed, you could no longer hear the man (God) speak anymore. Doubt ALWAYS clouds are ability to hear. When we are in agreement with the Lord, we can hear him more clearly. Whenever I see myself speaking on the phone in my dreams, I'm in communication with God.

I believe this is an area where God wants you to pray in. This call is much bigger than what you know. I really feel that in my heart. We only know in part and we have to be careful that we don't run ONLY with the part we know...but that we take it, pray on it and say "not my will but Your will be done Lord."

This is an awesome dream...I just think it's time for you to reconcile what you believe is the call to what God REALLY is calling you to. The more you just surrender to what he's willing to do in your life, the bigger the dream will get. Don't box him in...trust him to keep sharing more and more.

I'm happy for you...

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:58 am

Thank you, Cholette! This is something I will definitely pray about. I have no idea how big this call is or what exactly this means, but I can do all things through Christ!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ditte3 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:02 am

Dear Shan,
As I red your dream it made me think of how any peope in the bible didn't feel themselves prepared to do what God asks them.
You did this too.
Yes it is Him who choses! Hallelujah!
It may be a calling.Wait on Him. He will show you more about this.
God bless you.

ditte3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:20 pm

Thanks, ditte3. I really think God is trying to tell me something!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by astra on Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:32 am

Hi Shan,
It's an awesome dream you had. I just read it couple of days ago and after that I got an email (newsletter) saying that Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke is giving away an all expenses paid trip for two to one of his evangelical crusades to Africa in November. You can enter into the draw, but it ends October 1st. The mission is in November.
After I heard about it I thought about your dream of winning a trip to Africa and I thought WOW is it a coincidence?!!! Maybe you should enter (I sure did!).

Many Blessisngs!

astra

View user profile http://www.for-god-so-loved.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:00 am

Wow, thanks Astra! I'll do that! Do you have the link?

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by astra on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:59 am

Sure: http://www.cfan.org/. There is a banner on the right at the bottom of the page.
(It's a Flash banner, so the ads change every few seconds, but you can scroll forward or backward to get to the one for the Africa mission trip. You can also see this ad if you go to a specific part of the site for your country)

I had no idea one could win a paid off evangelical trip like this.

Many blessings!!

astra

View user profile http://www.for-god-so-loved.org

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:21 am

This is really a cool dream! I felt like the first part of the dream was about how you are blessed and highly favored. It does seem as though you have a higher purpose for receiving the gift The Lord has for you...the rest of the dream seems to me like you are struggling with the actual meaning of the dream..or the message. I can see myself doing the same thing. What's funny is you mentioned something about confirmation. If The Lord has a message for you of this enormity, I would ask for confirmation outside of the dream. I would pray The Lord make it clear to you the full message and just wait on Him to speak :) how exciting!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:28 am

Thank you, Laura!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:55 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top