I Adopted A Child

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I Adopted A Child

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:00 am

Hello, all -

I have to get this one down on "paper." I understand what the symbolism means, but I don't know what it relates to. In this dream, I had adopted a child - a boy about elementary school age. I don't recall the details, but at one point I knew that this child had been adopted once before by someone else, and they had decided to "return" him...like, out of convenience. I also don't know how I ended up with him.

I was heading over to a family get-together in a car that I used to own. I also remember having work-related thoughts, as if I was at a former retail job. These were more related to the timing of this dream. See, it seemed like it was Christmas, and yet it also seemed like Easter. That doesn't make sense, I know, but the family event felt Christmas-y, while the work-related thoughts (like, about the hours that the store was going to be open that day) felt like Easter. Perhaps these two days are to reinforce that what was going on in the dream was a God thing?

So, anyway, I had this child with me, and I knew that I wasn't the best person for him when I considered my parenting experience - or other areas of my life where I think I should have things "more together." I did love this child, though. He was now my son, and however it was that I ended up with him, I was going to show him love and not "return" him like those before him had done. I would not be guilty of that.

So, we arrived at what I understood to be my aunt's house. No one made a big deal about my child or anything. We went inside and he sat with some of my family on a couch, watching TV. I went over to where my aunt and mother were to seek their help. I was suddenly aware that this was Christmas and that I NEEDED to have a present for my child...but, I didn't know what kinds of things he liked since we weren't all that familiar with each other. My mom and aunt told me to run up to the store while they watched him. End of dream.

I understand what Adoption may mean in this dream, and there's nothing in my life at this moment that fits...but I know that there could be. If you want to share any other thoughts, feel free.

Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I Adopted A Child

Post by L4JC on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:17 am

Hi Mark!

You know the only thoughts that came to mind is the dream is telling you, you could be a "Big Brother" to someone out there that could really benefit having you in his life. I usually think of adoption as something that I need to nurture or take care of that isn't clearly mine, but that God wants me to do to increase in developing qualities and characteristics He feels I need "improvement" on.

Since you're on here with this site and moderating it, I wonder at times if the adoption means about this site? How you've nurtured it, bringing your own insights to members to their dreams, etc.?

On another hand, it could be about getting another "pet" perhaps?

Now that I re-read your dream, you say you do know what the "adoption" means, just you don't understand how it "fits" into your life at this moment. Maybe like most of your dreams, it doesn't come into play until later this week, when its revealed?

Seems like I'm throwing more questions than insights! But I thought your dream was an interesting one. Just wanted to share just in case it may help you interpret your dream better. :)

Pls toss what doesn't seem to fit. :)

Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:33 am

Thanks, Sunny! Just to be clear, I don't know what the adoption is about, specifically - I only understand what it may mean in the context of a dream. :) I spoke to someone else about this (and other dreams I've had, lately), and it's a recurring theme of adding more responsibility to what I have now. Thing is, the day-in/day-out of my life is pretty much unchanging...so, when this thing comes to pass, I would hope that I'd recognize it since it would be...well, something different!

Oddly enough, a close friend of mine also had a dream where I was absent from a church event (I'm not a part of a church at the moment), and our friends seemed to be questioning that in a gossipy way. My friend understood that I was with someone else and that it was ok, but others seemed to think otherwise. And then there's my other dream where my mother introduced me to someone that I didn't quite understand why I was connected to them. Again, a recurring theme of something that I'm to be connected with that requires my attention...and takes me away from what others seem to think I should be focusing on (even though this new thing is a good thing).

Anyways, enough of my rambling! Thanks for what you've shared! It's continual confirmation to what's been going on in my dreams. Now I just need to wait for the manifestation.

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:43 am

When you get that manifestation, pls. share! Would love to hear how it turned out.

All in all, from what I read on all of your recent posts, it seems clear that the Lord is bringing something "new" into your life ... what that is, hasn't been revealed, but somehow, I have to believe you can sense it, but not sure what that pertains to, just yet. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds. :)

Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:15 am

I had another dream last night with the same child. There was a dream before this one, and they may be tied together. In this part of the dream, I had returned home to my parents' house (I do not live there in real life). This child was there and had his own bedroom, as did I. He was upset about something that had happened, though I don't know if I ever knew what it was. I picked him up, held him, and rubbed his back to console him. After this, we went to my room and talked about some video game he wanted to play. So, I hooked up some old system that he could use.

The dream ends with my brother coming home with some friends (it was late at night). One of the guys with him is the brother of an ex, and he and my brother weren't friends in real life - though, they did know each other.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:11 pm

Hi Mark,

Sounds like something is about to happen soon. I have a feeling when it does occur, you'll recognize the meaning of the dream when it happens. I don't think it's going to be exact literal from what transpired in the dream, but just the underlying tone tells me there will be someone you'll be there for emotionally and spiritually, who truly needs your comfort and guidance. It'll be interesting to find out how the dream will unfold. Seems like God is showing you bits and pieces through dreams, so that you won't ignore the significance of the situation when it comes into play because it could very well possibly be a child. It's easy to overlook kids at times as they do tend to be quiet around adults who they do not know well. Keep sharing! :)

Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:27 pm

Can this be literal? It has a "real" feel to it. Not sure, but...

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:13 am

Cholette wrote:Can this be literal? It has a "real" feel to it. Not sure, but...

I wonder as well. Both dreams were different from my "normal" dreams in the way that I felt around the child. It really was a "real"-type feeling.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:39 am

This is something you should prayerfully put on the shelf. It may all make sense to you as time goes on. The interesting thing about some dreams, they are a message that we can't fathom because it will take incidences and situations to take place in our lives over time, for it to make sense.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:50 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top