Taken To A Place With Cats

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Taken To A Place With Cats

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:50 am

Here's what I can remember from this morning's dream: The dream began with my mom and I travelling to...somewhere. We were on the road that would pass by my work. We were headed some place beyond that. She was driving. I looked out the window and saw that something was going on at my work - there was an ambulance there. I couldn't see what had happened, if anything, but I could see that there had been some activity - like a picnic or something - going on in the yard outside the place. There were fold-out tables and chairs, and a few people still milling about...it did look like the event was pretty much over.

Now, this part isn't too clear: I believe that my mom introduced me to someone, some older guy, and I wasn't too sure what to think of him. All that I knew was that she knew him, somehow...like, she knew what kind of business he did and nothing else. All that I remember about this was my uncertainty regarding it. For the record, my mom often represents Jesus in my dreams.

Next thing I know, I'm in some old building. It was dusty and cob-webby. I don't know what I was doing there or what it was for. I opened a door to a hallway that I knew led somewhere that was hidden or separate from the main area of this building - I felt like there was something to be discovered back here and that it was being kept from most people. As I moved down the hallway, I wasn't exactly walking - it was like I was floating. I don't ever have dreams where I do this. Well, at the end of the hallway was another doorway, which I opened. In a small room (like bedroom-sized) were all these cats - like maybe 10 of them or less. Most of them were "kittens," although they weren't all that small. There was a least one older cat. I knew that I should turn back around, quickly, so that these cats would not get out of the room. Some of them headed toward the door - not necessarily to escape, but just out of their natural curiosity. I ended up having to touch some of them to keep them in the room. When I touched them, I felt like I didn't not want any of these cats. There was something about their hair that I didn't like at all - it was long, sort of fluffy, and yet a little bit greasy, maybe? It wasn't normal, I knew that much. And I just knew that this hair would get all over EVERYTHING. They were pretty cats and all, but these were not for me. I do remember there being some metallic element to their hair - like some were silver...both in color and composition. I ended up preventing them from leaving the room.

*I had a different dream about being offered a cat, and I thought it was about something more spiritual than that...until I was suddenly offered a cat last night at work (which I am not interested in). So, while I'd like to think that the cats in this dream are symbolic, I can't be sure. And, just to let you know, I am not interested in getting a cat in real life.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Taken To A Place With Cats

Post by lola21st on Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:11 pm

Hi Mark-

Just thoughts regarding some things that stood out to me....

I felt that your mother represented Jesus/the Holy Spirit before I read your statement confirming it. It seems like He would to spend some time with you over and beyond your natural, day to day needs but address your spiritual needs. While you're able to see that there are/were issues at work, it doesn't really relate to the plans He has for you because if they did, He would've pulled over so that you could better see them (or would've brought you there in time to participate).

There are some things that he wants to show you, I think the old man may represent some sort of divine appointment. When it manifests, you won't really understand the person's purpose or the encounter until perhaps after the fact.

Having said all of this, keep in mind they are thoughts therefore I have the right to change my mind.... laugh ....seriously speaking, here's another take:

A lot of the time there's usually some connection between scenes in a dream. In this case, the old man may represent wisdom or revelation knowledge - wisdom/knowledge that you use in the next scene...not sure what the cats represent though they may represent people in your past that you may not have given much thought to lately. The specifics may be different when the dream manifests but the idea is the same in that you don't want them in your life. There are no hard feelings over this decision, just a realization.

Hope this helps some!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:28 pm

Thank you for taking the time to respond, Lurdys. I like what you've pointed out about how we did not stop to interact with the goings on at my work - and how that my work issues don't totally relate to His plans for me. This speaks a lot to me when I look at where I am and wonder where He's going to take me. So, thank you for this.

I hadn't considered the old man as a divine appointment, but that makes perfect sense. I will definitely share when the connection is revealed to me...though, as you said, I may not get it right away.

I do have a group of people that are sort of out of my life at this time, but they played a big part when I first became a Christian. These would be the Youth Group that I belonged to...who have since become adults and started their own individual, separate lives. Here and there they drift back in, but thing have changed and our relationships are not what they used to be. I often wonder if I should expect some turnaround there, but it may be for the better if we stay apart.

Thanks a lot for what you've offered. I appreciate it.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:30 am

Just a quick update: The divine appointment may take place next week. Very unexpected for my position, but I've been asked to train a new employee for a different shift. Normally, I run my shift and have one of my guys train the new folk. However, my bosses want to try an accelerated training program and have asked me to be the trainer.

It could be about something completely different. But this dream came to mind when I was asked today to do this.

Last edited by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:32 pm

Interesting... Scratch Chin

I'm glad my comments were helpful...praise the Lord!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:53 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top