$40,000 insurance

View previous topic View next topic Go down

$40,000 insurance

Post by Shan on Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:34 pm

I had a dream that I was on a short vacation with my parents. Outside the airport were these car rental places only they were selling car insurance. I said something to my mom about it and she went and talked to the agent. Out of all the companies, she chose Hertz. I'm wondering if this is a play on words for "hurts."

When she showed me the insurance plan she chose for my car, the insurance was for $40k, way more than my car is worth. She even seemed bothered to have done this for me, even though I didn't ask her to. I commented that I wished she'd just paid off my car instead so I wouldn't have a car payment if I moved. IRL, the Lord may be calling me to move to another state far away from family.

Later, we met up with my dad and we were late for the plane home because my mom took so much time with the insurance guy. They held the plane though and everything was okay.

Thoughts?
l

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: $40,000 insurance

Post by GreatFulServant on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:45 am

Jesus is our insurance policy and the price He paid for us is far beyond the value of anything or anyone upon the earth. Before doing anything we should always make sure that we are covered by our insurance policy (Jesus). Sometimes waiting on the Lord to speak or move for us, the answer can come at the last moment just when it looks like it will be too late.

I had this happen just recently as we have made a move of over 2000 miles away. My wife found us a place that I would have never picked and was still keeping options open for another place. The day before we had to commit the Lord confirmed the place she picked was the place for us. Time was running out for sure but He gave a real strong confirmation. happy dance

1 Peter 1:18-20

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you

GreatFulServant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:28 am

Hi Shan -

Just thoughts...

It seems like in your dream your mother is doing something that she believes will help you and she goes over and beyond the call of duty to make sure you're taken care of ($40K insurance policy) but it's not really meeting your needs (need to pay the car loan off). Sometimes people in our lives mean well but they aren't truly helping. Also in some cases it's because the person involved is doing what they think you need vs asking you what you need and meeting your need.

Does this sound like anything going on in real life?

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:59 am

Thanks, Greatful! Your words and testimony are confirmation that if I am called out, the Lord is my provider and that He will give confirmation.

Lola,
As I was pondering this dream last night, it came to me that mom was trying to be helpful, but she wasn't truly doing that. She didn't recogize the real need I had. So your words are confirmation as to this part of my dream.

As far as real life goes, yes. I may be moving to Oregon from Texas and my mom doesn't want me to go (I'm her only child) but would be supportive should the Lord call me there. The fact that she was bothered by buying this insurance stuck out to me and I think it could be a condition of her heart at the moment.

Thanks, lola!

Last edited by Shan on Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:00 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : sp.)

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:45 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum