My daughter swimming in the ocean, near a pier

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My daughter swimming in the ocean, near a pier

Post by Daisy on Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:14 pm

I had a dream that my daughter was swimming in an ocean, or a sea. There was a pier in the background of the dream the whole time. I was sitting on the sidelines watching her closely, supervising her. There was another mom there with her 2 children. She was also on the sidelines supervising her children as well. In the dream, I did not know her, nor do I irl. Each time my daughter would go under and swim around, I got very anxious until she resurfaced for air. I was nervous bc the water was so deep. She was swimming all around going underneath in the open water. Irl she is only 8 yrs old, and she could not swim this long for this length of time without being able to touch. The other mom didn't seem anxious to me looking back at the dream. But while in the dream, I wasn't even thinking about the other mom, just the concern for my daughter. My daughter was enjoying herself in the water, but I was far from enjoying myself. Near the end of the dream, my daughter was swimming closer and closer to the pier and coming up for air. I didn't think anything of the pier in the dream, only looking back does it stand out to me. O yeah, then I was rudely awoken by my youngest son...lol. I really wanted to go back to sleep to continue the dream, I knew there was more to this!

Any thoughts for me? Looking for a confirmation, and also any details I could be missing...

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My daughter swimming in the ocean, near a pier

Post by GreatFulServant on Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:47 pm

Maybe the Lord is showing you that your daughter is more capable then what you think. I had a similar dream about my grandson who was doing things in the water that I thought was beyond his abilities.

GreatFulServant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rosebush on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:48 am

Eight yo is sort of young for swimming in deep spiritual waters, but seems a milestone has been reached for her. This causes some anxiety on your part. I think of 8 as the age of accountability, the age of knowing good from bad.

Pier is a substantial dock that reaches out into the waters, generally an ocean. Seems a security.

Is daughter precocious, spiritually or otherwise??

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:42 pm

Thanks Greatful!! Yes I believe she is much more capable than what I think, and I need to quit worrying so much. Thank you!!! thank you

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:51 pm

Hi Rosebush~ I had to look up the word precocious to see if she is or not.. lol! She has had some struggles with her emotions, and some behaviors. Most of the time directs her aggression at me instead of others. She does have a really great relationship with the Lord. At times she says some of the most profound things. She looked at me last week and said, "Mom, I believe God gave me a breakthrough. I just feel it, Im not going to struggle with aggression anymore." I believe she has such a keen sense at what the Spirit is doing. She hasn't hit since. So in a spiritual way, she is in my opinion very advanced for her age. We started going to a new church, and she said, "Mom I like the pastors as people, I just dont like the childrens ministry." At first I was going to make her keep going, and sort of push through the newness. But then I decided to check out some other options. I have NEVER had to MAKE her go to church ever, she normally loves is. So, I think that she was discerning something. We went to a new church, and the childrens ministry is out of this world. She says after the first visit, "MOM, can we go here everyweek! I LOVE it here!!!" I really believe she has great discernment, and that I need to listen to her a bit more...giving her more credit...ya know? Thanks so much for commenting Rose!! thank you

What did you mean about the milestone? I didn't understand that part. Could you re-explain that please.

Last edited by Daisy on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:53 pm

O yeah, in a past dream, the dock represented the Lord and His protection and provision as well. Im pretty sure the dock was what you said Rose, a security.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rosebush on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:31 pm

Well, a milestone is reaching a place of marked progress. So she's going from touching bottom to out over her head. I think faith is also involved, literally when one gets to this place.

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:37 pm

Ahhh, I understand now! Thanks and Amen, believing for continued 'marked progress'!!! She was swatting at me when angry, not hard but she was way too old for these types of behaviors. This is the 'breakthrough' she explained she felt she had. Im hopeful this 'marked progress' continues! Thanks sweetie for your help!! You are a blessing!!!

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatFulServant on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:39 pm

I agree with Rosebush that the Pier is significant in the dream. A place of security and safety in the midst of the potentially dangerous ocean waters.

GreatFulServant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:28 am

I was thinking more about this. There are areas where my daughter is emotionally immature that concern me. Then there are other areas where she is socially or spiritually advanced for her age. Just some thoughts.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rosebush on Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:04 am

I am no rocket scientist or psychologist, but I think this is "normal" as far as what I have seen over my 50 years of observing children or people in general. Strengths and weakness are interwoven throughout our lives. But scriptural truth being the paradox as Jesus teaches, our weak places are nothing to be fearful over, rather places where God's strength is made mysteriously perfect and something we are told to glory in and this certainly isn't our natural inclination. So much more so a struggle when it comes to parenting. Letting to of my children was one of the greater struggles I personally had to hurdle. I think if I had truly laid hold of the truth as Jesus preached, which is so contrary to natural thinking, it would have helped me tremendously. Jesus calls us to a walk of faith, so we can't let our security rest in what we see, but Him alone, and I think no where is that such a great challenge as it is in how we hold confidently to Christ in our parenting.

God's peace to you!

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:25 am

Thanks so much rose! I needed ur encouragement! Bless You

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:30 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top