No Strength For The Race

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No Strength For The Race

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:17 am

This dream was different in how it transitioned to a real-life setting by the end. The dream began with me and a small group of people (like 2 or 3) seeking out an ally to join us. This part of the dream felt a bit like a fantasy-themed video game. We went about our "quest" to find this person - who would make a very powerful ally - and see if we could convince him to help us. We eventually met him, but he was unwilling to help as long as we pursued him. However, when we stopped expressing interested and began to show indifference, this person pursued us instead...eventually coming along with us, which is what the goal had been all along.

The scene transitions to where it's just me and this ally, and we're heading up this road that's a steady incline. This part of the dream felt like real life, and the location is a real place in my city - a typically busy highway.

We had arrived at this place early in the day. The air was cool, and the sun wasn't out in full-force. We were going to run a race - not against each other, but more like just for the sake of running the race.

The race began, and my ally started immediately. He WAS powerful, as I expected...but, I couldn't keep up with him. In fact, I couldn't even start! I found myself on the ground, on my hands and knees, and it took a great deal of effort just to crawl along this road. I was a mix of embarrassed and surprised that I had no strength to even stand. Many other people were running this race, and they weren't having this difficulty. I stopped (very near where I started) and waited at a stoplight, very aware that I was laying in the dirt. Two older women stood there looking at me, and to save a little face I made a half-joking comment, "They feel more sorry for you the dirtier you get." The light changed, and I just could not get up on my feet.

In real life, I have been training for a half marathon, as is my mother. We're running the same race, although she is much slower than I am. I had planned to run with her, but she's said that she doesn't want me to stay at her pace. It really makes no difference to me, because I could care less about my time. So...I wonder if I am actually the "ally" in this dream and my mother is symbolized by me?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No Strength For The Race

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:00 pm

TheWhiteShadow wrote:In real life, I have been training for a half marathon, as is my mother. We're running the same race, although she is much slower than I am. I had planned to run with her, but she's said that she doesn't want me to stay at her pace. It really makes no difference to me, because I could care less about my time. So...I wonder if I am actually the "ally" in this dream and my mother is symbolized by me?

Today was the day of the race. Leading up to this day, whenever I thought about the race, I'd think of this dream. I do not doubt that it was about me (as the ally) and how my mother would have felt or performed during this race had I behaved as the "ally" did in the dream. So, in spite of her many requests to leave her behind and run the race at my own pace, I (and my sister as well) ran this half-marathon alongside my mother till the end. This was definitely the best decision, and without this dream I may have given in to the temptation to run the race for myself. I've already ran a half marathon in the past, while this was my mother's first.

I'm not posting this to sound humble or anything - simply to share that the purpose of the dream had to be to align my desires with the Lord's for this specific occasion.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:41 am

What an awesome post, Mark!!!! I am so glad you shared it. It was a blessing.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:17 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top