Friend is pregnant but in denial about it

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Friend is pregnant but in denial about it

Post by Jazzy on Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:49 pm

When I took a nap this afternoon after church, I dreamt one of my close friends from back home was pregnant. I was walking with another one of my close friends from back home and we went to meet our other friend who turned out to be pregnant (all three of us are fairly close). It was a bright and sunny day with pleasant temperatures too. I greeted my pregnant friend and noticed her huge baby bump. She was wearing a jean vest, so her tummy was very free. She is a very tiny, slim girl, so I assumed she was due soon. I asked her if she was pregnant and she laughed nervously and said no (my next question would have been why didn't you let us know, but she said no). My other friend I walked up with walked away from our conversation, and I just knew she was upset with our pregnant friend. More disappointed than upset actually, but she didn't express it in words.
-------------------------------------------------------------

I went home this weekend so all three of us hung out last night actually. The only relevant things I can think of in our lives is that the pregnant friend in my dream told us yesterday that she and her boyfriend plan on moving in together if they get approved for a rented house. That could literally lead to a potential pregnancy but I hope not because they are still in school and have part-time jobs and are unmarried.

We both go to different churches, so she asked me how was church today not too long after church released. I told her the message was from Psalm 23:5, but it focused mainly on how the Lord blesses us daily. And when He blesses us specially, it's very abundant and more than what we expected; hence, "my cup runneth over" part. She said that's almost what her pastor preached about. Their message was how tithing allows God to pour out his blessings on us. I think this leading on to something.

I do know of one pregnant girl I work with and she's a year above me in grad school. But she's definitely aware of her pregnancy and is due next month. No denial there lol.

I've tried to list the relevant things that I could think of although they might or not fit with the meaning of this dream. Are there any further thoughts as to what this dream may represent, especially with my pregnant friend saying she wasn't pregnant when she clearly was.

Jazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Friend is pregnant but in denial about it

Post by owen on Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:31 pm

Hi jazz

I think your dream is prophetic. I mean it could be literal. the fact that they are still students and with part time job, maybe, God is telling you to warn them to be careful to avoid problems in the future. I am not saying that the baby will bring problems, but having an unexpected baby with out proper planning makes things harder esp. going to school and working at the same time.

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzy on Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:52 pm

Hi Owen thank you for your response. I remember last time I was in town, she stressed how much she never wanted to have children. That shocked me because I thought most females would want to have kids one day.

Another thing is initially she told me about them thinking of moving in together at the beginning of this year. She said he really wanted to do it, but she didn't want to as much in case they get into arguments she can't just go home. The only reason she wants to do it is to be closer to school and not stay at home because her mother is very strict. I am unsure of his motive.

In the Spring time she told me how she is excited to go to the Peace Corps after graduating next year, but her boyfriend doesn't want her to go. Apparently he spoke of marriage before to her, and if she goes then he won't marry her because of the distance. The way she conveyed it to me was that she didn't care because she really wanted to go to the Peace Corps, but ultimately he didn't want to lose her. They have been through many ups and downs over the past couple years but they have gotten way better. If she was as passionate about the Peace Corps as she conveyed it to me, I hope she doesn't turn down her dream for him. But then again, I cannot say too much because I don't know how their relationship works, you know what I mean. But I will express my concern when I think of the right way to say it.

Jazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:51 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top