Saving someone's life who ended up dying suddenly a month and a half later

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Saving someone's life who ended up dying suddenly a month and a half later

Post by Stephanie44 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:05 pm

Without going into detail, what do you think about a dream that involved me saving someone's life who ended up dying suddenly a month and a half after I had the dream?

This puzzles me, but it's pretty important for me to know if you have any thoughts.

Stephanie44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Saving someone's life who ended up dying suddenly a month and a half later

Post by Cholette on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:13 pm

Could it have been their spiritual life and not their natural life? Without knowing the details it's hard to interpret. The other thing is the person who has died has a will and when they say "I'm ready to go", then they can go.

Our church was praying for someone to live and God had to come and speak to us and tell us that our prayers were keeping them alive when they were ready to go. The next day they were gone.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with what you are asking, but I decided to share just in case.

Blessings huggins

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie44 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:25 pm

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I thought (and hope) that it has to do with the person's spiritual life and not physical life. Otherwise, my only other interpretation would be that I merely prolonged the person's physical life - which is not very comforting.

The death was sudden and without warning. (It wasn't like the person had been sick for a long time and or was very old).

Could you explain more about what your church was praying? How were your prayers keeping them alive? Did they then die because you guys let them go (stopped praying for them)? That's really interesting; I'd like to hear more. Thanks!

Stephanie44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:41 pm

Yes, the person suddenly was admitted to the hospital. We didnt know why, but we prayed. We came together for an entire week and in the middle of extreme intercession, our pastor interrupted us and said that the Lord spoke to her heart and told us that the person was ready to leave this earth and that it was our prayers that were keeping him here. We were shocked and saddened because he was a great leader in our church. It was the very next day that he passed away.

I tell you, it reminded me of the story in the Bible about the Tower of Babel. The Lord had to mix up their language because they were on one accord. It was their oneness that would have caused them to build that tower as high as they wanted. It was like God had to come and shut us down because the power in our prayers were literally keeping him alive.

It was that defining moment that changed my prayer life. I used to pray because I had to, but now I pray because I know it is power to change situations. Now when I pray for people who are sick, I usually pray that God's will be done. I never want to be in the way of people and their wills or desires. If God wants me to pray someone out of the grips of death, then I go all in, but that has happened maybe twice in 20 years.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie44 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:05 am

Wow! That's an amazing story. Awesome what God can do!

But does that mean that when people die, it means I wasn't praying for them enough? Or my prayers don't "work"? Or I'm doing something wrong I don't know about? What do you think?

Stephanie44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie44 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:36 am

Your experience, though, does remind me of something I went through when I was praying for someone to live (she was in a coma and couldn't communicate). This went on for months until for some reason I changed my prayer from that she would live to that I would know that she was saved before she died. (This I believe, must have been the Holy Spirit!) Her condition got worse and worse and then finally someone (without having ANY idea that I was praying about this or was concerned about it) came up to me and told me that this person did know Jesus. Then she died a couple of days later. Kind of reminds me how the HS directs us in prayer, just like with your friend!

Stephanie44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:00 pm

I read one of the books of Smith Wigglesworth, an evangelist mightily used by God in the 19 century. He recounted a story about the death of his wife. The day she died, he was earnestly praying to God to revive her. After an hour or so, his wife came back from death to life, but she told him to let go because it was her time to be with the Lord. As soon as he let go, she closed her eyes and died again. I had goosebumps when I read his story about his wife. Really amazing how God works.

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:15 am

Stephanie44 wrote:Wow! That's an amazing story. Awesome what God can do!

But does that mean that when people die, it means I wasn't praying for them enough? Or my prayers don't "work"? Or I'm doing something wrong I don't know about? What do you think?

No, I don't believe God would put THAT much pressure on an individual...IMHO. God knows what we are going to do (or not do) way before. Trust me, he has back up plans and he just needs one person to pray his will and it's done. This is the reason why I love praying in my prayer language because I just don't know who I'm praying for. Your prayers "work" because the power is within you...not in your person. You are not doing anything wrong. It's the person's will...not matter how deep and powerful your prayers are.

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:16 am

owen wrote:I read one of the books of Smith Wigglesworth, an evangelist mightily used by God in the 19 century. He recounted a story about the death of his wife. The day she died, he was earnestly praying to God to revive her. After an hour or so, his wife came back from death to life, but she told him to let go because it was her time to be with the Lord. As soon as he let go, she closed her eyes and died again. I had goosebumps when I read his story about his wife. Really amazing how God works.

I read this somewhere before. It's all about the person's will and I love that about God because that prevents people from praying anything over our lives. He needs our permission before anything can happen. God is so gracious!!!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie44 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:38 am

Thanks, Cholette, that's encouraging! I always get slightly anxious when I read people saying things like, "Well, my prayers were unanswered for 20 years, then I started praying for that one thing 6 hours a day every day for a month and THEN it happened!" because it always makes me wonder if I'm doing enough ... that if I just did MORE then maybe my prayers would be answered. The important thing is to be led by the spirit and what he directs you. For the individual who died suddenly, I got a weird "sense of urgency" almost to pray for him starting about 7 months before his death that grew stronger leading up to when it happened. I had been praying for him for 9 years at the point that I got the sense of urgency but I had kind of grown tired of it and not really prayed for him much in the past 2 years when I was focused on praying for people I met during that time. So the fervency and any feelings I had were completely gone at that point ... then they just came back all of a sudden out of nowhere stronger than ever. At times I've questioned, if I had known that he was going to die and prayed for him more, would he not have died? But I know that I prayed as the spirit led me and if I needed to do more he would have led me to ... plus I have the comfort of knowing that a lot of other people were praying for this person, too, not just me.

Stephanie44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:19 pm

Stephanie44 wrote:The important thing is to be led by the spirit and what he directs you.

EXACTLY!!!! God would never set us up for failure. He knew you would stop praying...even with the person dying, he wouldn't condemn you for not praying and making you feel it was your fault. The devil is the accuser of the brethren. WHen you were led to pray, you did. That was obedience and it wasn't taken lightly.

Shake it off and remind the enemy that there is no condemnation to those who are in CHrist Jesus. Your prayers still work and they were heard by the Lord...it was just this persons decision to leave. Besides, we don't know for sure WHY you were praying. It could have been to keep them in peace or to make their transition less painful. What if it wasn't really about keeping the person alive? I don't know, but there are many things to consider here.

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:40 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top