Wedding/Wedding dress

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wedding/Wedding dress

Post by L4JC on Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:11 pm

Hi all,

I've had two dreams, very similar dreams.

1.) In the first dream I dreamed that my mother was getting married at the age she is currently - 68, and looked the same as she did when she recently got married IRL this past summer. Then, the dream scene changed, and she was about 35 or so and was getting married, and was wearing a blue wedding dress with her hair up. She looked young and happy and running (in slow motion like in those TV commercials) with a bouquet of flowers in her hand. EOD

2.) In the second dream, I dreamed I was getting married and needed to get my white wedding dress. I was in this huge bridal dressing room full of women who were all also trying on different white wedding dresses. I was about to browse around to look for my white wedding dress, when I noticed right in the middle of the room, on a chair was this very HOT PINK wedding dress. I looked at that and said to myself, "I do NOT want that dress." So, I continued to look at other dresses. Then, this one other girl looked up and said, "I don't want that pink dress." And I replied, "Neither do I." I continued to look for a white wedding dress I liked, and before the dream was over, I woke up... EOD

I asked the Lord what the dream meant. I sort of have an idea what this is about, but would like to hear any thoughts or ideas you guys may have. Would appreciate it!

(Btw, IRL, I'm happily married.)

Thanks!

Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wedding/Wedding dress

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:40 pm

Hi, Sunny -

For both dreams, perhaps they have to do with a commitment - like marriage. Some type of new beginning, or collaboration, etc... A marriage-esque situation.

For the first dream, I thought of the contrast in the ages. Maybe there's an element of Wisdom or Experience that you'd expect to find in someone older, but that is present in someone who isn't. Perhaps it's you who will have (or already has) that type of understanding as it relates to whatever the marriage represents.

For the 2nd dream, there may be a decision as it relates to this endeavor. There's a traditional perspective that you'd favor, here. If you get presented with something that's kinda "out-there" or touted for it's edginess, I'd expect that you'd feel the same way about it as you did the dress in the dream. If you wonder at all if this is the way to go, you should be encouraged to know that others share your perspective.

Just some thoughts,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:51 pm

Thanks Mark for sharing!

I have to agree with you about the first part of the dream of my mother. There are few times I've seen my mother who hasn't shown the same independence she's had before she married. Now that she's married, I've noticed my mother's husband pretty much taking over the house, how they'll do things, what they watch on TV, etc. She may be quite happy in this state, but I find it a bit concerning that my mother who was always fiercely independent isn't so much anymore.

As for the second dream, I'll have to keep my eyes open to the same feelings I had in this dream. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for taking the time to share. :)

God bless!

Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:15 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top