A Former Coworker Intercedes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Former Coworker Intercedes

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:32 am

Last night's dream (and I almost forgot that I even had it) was a combination of two previous employers. What had happened was that I was in Employer B's building, like the office area. I had these plans of working there, again. In fact, I was counting on it, in a way. There were some people there that I remembered, and the feeling was that of looking forward to working with them, again. I felt like I would really be a blessing to one of them - someone that I just found out in real life is a Christian and is connected to some long-term friends of mine. So, I was pretty stoked about starting, again.

Then, the realization came of what I had done - that I quit without giving the full two week notice - and I remembered that, no matter what, I would never be able to work there, again. I was pretty disappointed.

Well, as I stood there in the lobby area, a woman from Employer A walked up to me. In real life, this woman had one of those "powerful" personalities - a little loud, a bit brazen, and she knew her stuff. She took me to a room that was a little secluded from where most of the traffic was in the building, and she had me fill out the application in this room. She left after she sat me down and had me get started, and while she was out I was doubtful that I should even be bothering to fill out the forms. I knew that she was this outspoken, forceful person...but I didn't know what she'd be able to accomplish vs. what was proclaimed about me not working there. I knew what I was told when I quit, and it was based on some clear rules.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Former Coworker Intercedes

Post by Daisy on Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:17 am

Hi mark! Is there anything in your waking life that you are feeling regretful about? I think of how in the dream, taking one opportunity permanently closed the option (or maybe even the safety net) of ever going back to the place of employment you left. Does this ring true for anything in your life (maybe even not work related)? Im thinking the controlling (or almost threatening) person in the dream is probably significant. It seems to me that part of you didn't want to comply, resisting her control. Is there any situation currently in your waking life that is similar in any of your interactions, or even possibly in your personal relationships?

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:21 am

Ps. These r just some thoughts of mine... :hooray:

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:37 am

Thanks, Daisy. This person with the strong personality was definitely an ally in the dream, someone I could/should trust - that was the feeling, anyways. I didn't feel controlled by them, but they carried themselves in such a way as to come across like they were in control of the situation. My problem was that I seemed to be in doubt of what they could accomplish.

Just sitting here typing this out, I'm very aware that this person probably represent Christ, to be honest. It's embarrassing to say that considering my feelings in the dream...but, looking at a lot of things in my life, this does line up with my own faith in him to take care of these areas. It's not always that way, but this dream is more or less a snapshot of right now.

Are there things that I'm regretful of - where it appears that I've made irreversible choices? You betcha. Lots, really. So, the dream does a great job of painting a picture of what I already know about myself. Things is...what do I do with it?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:33 am

Wow, this is actually a great dream Mark. You are such a humble man of God, and should never be embarrassed. We all feel this way at times, if we are honest enough to admit it! My opinion is that as you hand all those regrets over to Jesus and know He has everything under control, that ALL things will work out for His glory in the end!!! There is not one decision in your life that has been made that will work against His master plan and purpose for your life!!! I believe its all factored into the end result that he desires for us!! :hooray:

Once again...just my thoughts....

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:37 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top