Sloth-tastic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sloth-tastic

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:13 am

Hello, all -

In this dream, I sort of remember driving to work. Either I had to turn around at some point, or I was turning on to the street that heads to work via a different street than what I'd normally take. Thing is, it wasn't like I was taking the next street over or something like that to get there - I was actually approaching this street from the other side of the intersection, having to turn right onto this street vs. coming at it from the normal way and turning left. And, honestly, I don't think I've ever faced this intersection from this side before, as I would have never had a reason to pass through it to that side in real life. It did feel odd in the dream.

*This part of the dream may refer to my "approach" to something. That would fit the rest of the dream.

Next, I'm in a hallway headed to a place that's like an apartment, but I know that it's a classroom/class that I'm supposed to attend. The hallway, itself, feels like it's within an apartment building. Now, at this point, I'm aware of a bit of an animal problem - there's these little animals that are sort of hedgehog-shaped, about the size of a rabbit, and they're furry (not spiny like a hedgehog). They're mostly brown, but they have a couple lighter-colored stripes on their backs. In the dream, I'm aware that they are sloths (although, in real life, they aren't). I'm NOT interested in dealing with them - I'm very much trying to avoid them, and they kind of freak me out like, say, a rat probably would in real life.

Next, I've made it to the classroom, and the class must have went on for a bit - though, the class itself must not have been an important part of the dream. I remember that we took a break, and during this break I went to the refridgerator within this apartment/classroom. I was surprised to find one of my plastic waterbottles sitting inside...though, I knew that someone else was using it. I pulled out a plastic gallon-sized milk jug. Thing is, it was nearly full of water...and I added milk to the water. I may have gotten the milk right from the faucet. My desire was to put as much milk into the water jug as I could so that when I was going to drink from it, it was as much "milk" as it could be. Meaning, the more I could put in the jug (up to being completely full), the less diluted it would be by the water.

Finally, I had to deal with a sloth that had entered the room. Even though it had this "cute" look to it, I still realized that it was a wild animal, and so I was very cautious in how I was dealing with it. I tried to get it to move toward the door, but it wasn't heading straight towards it. I understood that it wasn't going to be THAT easy, but I accepted that progress was being made each time it headed in the general direction of the door. I used some object to move it along so that I wouldn't have to touch it - it may have been the milk jug, or it may have been something else. There were moments where it was closer to me than I was comfortable with, where I feared an attack, but that never happened. Eventually, we reached the door, and when I opened the door I saw many more sloths in the hallway outside. Seeing all of these bothered me a great deal, because I assumed that more were going to enter the room while I was trying to get the lone one to leave. In the end, though, none of them entered and the original one did make it outside.

*This may have to do with something sloth-like (say, laziness), but I can't help but think that it's a spiritual-realm issue. I keep thinking of Matthew 12:45 "Then the spirit finds seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they all enter the person and live there. And so that person is worse off than before. That will be the experience of this evil generation."

I would appreciate anyone's feedback on this.
Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sloth-tastic

Post by L4JC on Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:58 pm

Hi Mark,

When I read this dream, the first thought that came to me, was spirits not of God that may be trying to steal your joy and peace with the Lord, through "temptations".

IRL, to rule it out... do you have any person/persons that live in your apartment bldg that mirrors your feeling of spiritual unease as you did in the dream? If not, then perhaps what I'm about to say below may be what this dream is about.

The class was interesting because whenever I have dreams about a class, I know the Lord is saying to me I have something to learn before He can move me forward. Not sure if this pertains to you, but this is a thought to think on.

I always perceive milk as "nutrients" that our body needs. In the dream, you keep pouring in the milk, to fill the water. My guess is you want all the nutrients (Godly feeding) as you can from the Holy Spirit, so you can stand strong against the unseen realm that may be "tempting" you.

With the sloths I think of "slacking off" type of attitudes and thoughts that the Lord may see that needs deep prayer time to remove this from your life.

Because the sloth finally left your apartment tells me through the "nutrients" of the milk you made sure you got from the Holy Spirit, helped you combat this. The other sloths in the hallway... would have easily have come in, if you hadn't taken the time to "milk" yourself through the Holy Spirit's leading during your lunch break.

Please pray with the Lord on this, to see what the dream is saying to you after reading my thoughts. I couldn't shake the insight that I was receiving as I read your dream.

Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:26 pm

Thanks for your response, Sunny. First off (not that it would change anything), the apartment building in the dream wasn't any that I know of in real life, and I actually live in a house. Plus, it more like I was visiting this apartment/classroom place rather than me living there.

I agree with you that classroom-type dreams often have to do with me learning something during that season of my life. That's gotta be the case, here, too.

I especially appreciate what you said about the milk/water part. This symbol has been bothering me since I had the dream, because I'm not certain just what it is that it relates to. Spiritual nourishment makes a lot of sense, and it's probably refering to getting in my time with God on a consistent basis - last week was particularly rough, and I slipped in this area. I can make all sorts of excuses why, but the fact is that I had choices each day and I chose to do something else...which, really, is most likely the reason why the week was rough!

Slacking off is definitely what's been going on. Again, excuses...but, I do know better.

Again, thanks so much for taking the time to respond.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:37 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum