Shady behavior by friends...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shady behavior by friends...

Post by Shan on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:45 pm

I dreamed that a good friend of mine and an ex-friend, who happens to be an athiest, were part of a small club of women who were doing "secret things." They have never met in real life. I don't exactly know what they were doing and not sure if it was illegal, but it was somehow wrong. My friend and the athiest, along with a girl I used to counsel were a part of this secret agency. They had been working together quite a while. I had wondered why they didn't ask me to join and thought maybe I wasn't good enough.

Then one night we were all at this one place. It reminded me of a lounge of some sort. It had red carpet and dark wood finishes. Not a place I would usually hang out. However, I was asleep on the carpet. I sort of woke up and I heard my friends come in and talk about me. They were looking at me on the floor and were discussing whether or not to invite me to join the club. They were talking about what made me qualified as well as what my weaknesses were. Then, the athiest looked down my shirt as if she were inspecting me and made some comment to my other friend.

When I woke up, they offered for me to join. I adamantly refused and this offended them, especially the athiest. I did feel rejected by their cold behavior towards me. I found some glasses that had no prescription in them that the athiest wore from time to time. I put them on and liked what I looked like in them, but I knew she would want them back. I let her know somehow that I wanted them, but she wouldn't give me the time of day. I mentioned to my other friend that I may want to reconsider their offer because I thought I'd get to wear the glasses, but neither of them would hear of it. I was disappointed with myself that I'd want to join over a pair of glasses and I felt doubly rejected.

IRL I haven't talked to the athiest friend in years and we don't even live in the same state. My other friend is one of my best friends and she is a Christian. She'd never do anything shady. I'm wondering if this dream alludes to me being double-minded about anything.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shady behavior by friends...

Post by L4JC on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:21 pm

Hi Shannon,

I don't have any interpretations, only personal thoughts on your dream. And I do have a question about your dream.

Have you ever thought possibly that you had the dream because God wants you to reach out to the atheist to "witness" to her?

I know you said she's living out of state, but maybe she's planning on coming in town for a visit sometime soon?

It's hard for a non-Christian person to receive the Lord if no Christian is around willing to be a "friend". Jesus mingled with non-Christian people all the time in the Bible, to show them the truth, the way and the life.

I have a friend who is an atheist, and she's a sweet person, and I refuse to stop being a friend just because she is atheist. The reason is because I feel like I could possibly be the only Christian friend she has. And God may be "using" me for her sake, in areas I may not even be aware of. I know my faith is strong enough that I won't be influenced by her atheistic ways. I don't get involved in any of her activities, or anything like that. We're more acquaintances than anything else. But we were once very close friends growing up during high school. We've had conversations about the Lord in the past. She recently had a heart attack, she's so YOUNG to be having one to begin with. I sent her my prayers and thoughts and she did mention to me that they were comforting to her and she appreciated them. Her heart may be softening up some. Only God knows.

Your dream is an interesting one. I hope my thoughts didn't cause you more confusion than you had before!

Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:58 pm

Good food for thought. I don't think she is coming into town soon, but a good friend of mine who is a Christian is going to visit her. I know she has talked to her about the Lord before.

But, your comments have caused me to rethink this dream. I had a falling-out with the atheist, (I realized I spelled this wrong when I read your post!) not verbally, but because I didn't do something she thought I should. I really should have apologized to her, but I thought she wouldn't hear me on this. So, maybe she is still sceptical of me and not trusting. I'll pray on this.

Thank you!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:06 pm

I will definitely be praying alongside with you on this. May the Holy Spirit reveal His truth with you.

I do have to tell you, that I felt nudged to share my above post with you for some odd reason. At the time I didn't understand it. But now with your latest post, it makes sense now.

Blessings,

Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:50 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top