Choosing wrong road

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Choosing wrong road

Post by Niccio on Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:50 pm

What a strange dream I had last night. I was walking to work. I was a little late for work. Suddenly I came at a point where I have to choose which way to go. I was standing behind a fence and was looking down at the most beautiful valley with green grass everywhere and the grass covered the hills also. To my left-hand side there was the other road from which I have to choose. It was leading through old deteriorating dirty buildings and roads with rubbish. I chose the road on my left hand side. Wow why choose that road. I remember dreaming that I did not know where I was going, and was actually lost for a while, but somehow did manage to find my way to my work and was of course very late.
Please please could anyone help me with this interpretation. Blessings

Niccio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Choosing wrong road

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:00 pm

Hello, Niccio -

This is just a thought on your dream, so please discard if you don't feel it sets well.

When I read your dream, I thought of Genesis 13 where Abram and Lot reached a point where a choice needed to be made between them. One had to go in one direction, and the other in a different one. Abram gave the choice to Lot, and this is the way Lot evaluated the situation (10-13):

Lot took a long look at the fertile plains of the Jordan Valley in the direction of Zoar. The whole area was well watered everywhere, like the garden of the Lord or the beautiful land of Egypt. (This was before the Lord destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah.) Lot chose for himself the whole Jordan Valley to the east of them. He went there with his flocks and servants and parted company with his uncle Abram. So Abram settled in the land of Canaan, and Lot moved his tents to a place near Sodom and settled among the cities of the plain. But the people of this area were extremely wicked and constantly sinned against the Lord.

The purpose of the dream may be to encourage you when you reach a place in life where you're unsure of why you even chose to go down such a path as you had in the dream. You were (felt) lost for a while and did not know (out of your own understanding) where you were going. In the end, you arrived at where you needed to be.

I made reference to Lot's choice because in his (worldly) eyes, it seemed the better path to go. Thing is, we know just how disastrous this path truly was. In your own life, you may never know what things may have been like for you had you chose to go through the more "appealing" path, but I feel it's God's grace that you went down the road that you did - and that makes it the better route.

Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top