Demon possession in dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Demon possession in dream

Post by Bean716 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:21 am

Hello,

I have already read the topic on dreaming about demons being possibly from God or being an attack, and my dream this morning was easily the most terrifying dream I've ever had. I don't remember the entire dream and may have jumbled it up a bit.

Earlier in the dream, an old acquaintance from church was upset about something that had been said to her and my older brother was comforting her. then I decided to go for a drive with my boyfriend. We ended up driving into these scary caves. One tunnel had a bear chained to it that was guarding the tunnel. We awoke it accidentally and tried to escape down a different tunnel. Suddenly, I realized we were outside of the car and there were evil spirits there. I remember laughing and sort of mocking them, as if I didn't really believe they could hurt me. In the dream, I heard my brother's voice reminding me that demons were nothing to joke about and I needed to not provoke them. "be nice to them" I think was how he put it. I realized he was right and needed to leave quickly so I ran for the car, but it was too late. I looked at my boyfriend and said "we don't need to worry, we have the love of Jesus Christ" but the end of my sentence was mangled, something wouldn't allow me to speak his name , as if something had my throat squeezed shut, I knew inside that a demon had hold of me and I was very afraid. All conscious, but unable to move or speak in the dream. I could hear horrible sounds coming out of my mouth, but inside I was trying with all my strength to speak.

Naturally, I was horrified when I awoke, but prayed and felt better. A couple of hours later I went back to sleep, had a dream that I was sleeping in my bed, when I tried to get up I realized I was partly blinded, could not move, but tried to crawl my way out of bed upstairs to get help. When I was upstairs, my mouth was filled with tears and snot from crying and I choked, I couldn't yell for help or see anything. I felt as though the same thing was happening... Then I woke up again. Now that I am calmed down and awake, I don't feel as if anything is wrong during the day, but I also have not been gifted with spiritual discernment or anything.

It's difficult not to feel haunted by these dreams, I would appreciate any insight into them that anybody could give me. I would love to believe these dreams are from God, but I don't understand why he would send me something so terrifying.

Bean716

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Demon possession in dream

Post by Bean716 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:05 pm

Thank you for the encouragement, I also spoke with my mother about this and she also reminded me to be trusting the Lord and wary of Satan. I suppose I am also worried that maybe God is trying to tell me that a path I am taking is leading me to evil or something like that. Since there was an actual dream behind it. My question is, why would Satan attack in my sleep? What harm can he do? Physical harm? Or emotional/mental harm? Because if I am a Christian, how could a demon possess me? I always thought there was not room for both God and a demon... does he just do it to scare us? Do you think for sure this is evil and not from God?
I have been spiritually dry the past few years, and my first summer home from college, I have had time to read, and reflect. I speak with God briefly, but I would still not say I have been close with him. I suppose in a tiny amount my faith has been strengthening and I am finally starting to feel comfortable speaking my true beliefs to certain people, particularly my boyfriend of three years. But I honestly don't feel like I have been growing a whole lot... Or doing anything worthwhile. And I don't see a reason for me to be spiritually attacked. Although, if anything, this nightmare has had me praying all day... :)

Bean716

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:24 pm

Hi Bean,

Just wanted to offer some encouragement. You ABSOLUTLEY cannot be demon possessed if you are a Christian.

Consider this:
2 Cor.6: 14-2Cor 1

14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowships has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?

15 And what accord does Christ have with Belial (Satan)? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?

16 And what agreement has the temple with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: I will dwell in them and walk among them I will be their God and they will be my people.

17 Therefore: Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean and I will receive you.

18 I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters Says the Lord Almighty.

7:1 Therefore, having these PROMISES, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

What God is saying is yes, have no fellowship with unbelievers and have nothing to do with any unclean thing, but more importantly, He is saying that He now dwells within us and we are assured of this. God and Satan cannot occupy the same space as this would violate God's own boundaries He set in place when he kicked Lucifer out of heaven. It has been that way ever since. And if we are the very temple of the Holy Spirit, how can we be possessed? We ARE the temple of the Holy Spirit and Satan cannot coexist in the same place as God. We can be entertained or tempted by Satan as Jesus was tempted in the wilderness, but remember, Jesus overcame so that we would not have to do it ourselves. We are overcomers because Jesus overcame.

I know some folks on this site do not think that any dreams can come from Satan and I mean no disrespect to them, but I firmly believe that he can. He cannot order our lives or prophesy to us in our dreams, but he can distract and scare us, as this is his very nature. I counsel children who have not only nightmares, but night terrors. These are repeated nightmares provoking a child into so much fear they cannot function and are often put on medication by doctors. I have a hard time believing that those dreams are from our living God. I believe he comes into our sleep because that is sometimes where we are defenseless. I have woken myself up from nightmares before and cast Satan out, peace returned and I have gone back into a peaceful sleep. But I also have had the sleep paralysis as Trinty said where I cannot wake from a dream and I feel as if I'm being choked and can't breathe. But as I've developed sensitivity to the Holy Spirit I very rarely have them. When they come I don't know if in my waking life I gave Satan an opportunity or what. I'll try to be more cognizant of that in the future.

Hope this helps and that you are encouraged. Nothing is wrong with you. If you think there is, Satan is lying to you!

Shan

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:56 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top