Military Dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Military Dream

Post by rosebush on Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:52 am

Dreamed I was part of a unit that was releasing paratroopers upwards into the sky. It was a strange contraption that was circular with 4 stations and a central ejection spout. I was surprised when I saw paratroopers being ejected out of the central spout into the sky. Then there was a huge parachute type thing connected to the 4 stations with strings attached to the chute. The chute acted just like a normal parachute, only larger. There was water all around and the chute headed off into the water. The wind suddenly and forcefully pulled the grounding strings from the 4 base stations. The idea was the soldiers stationed at the 4 bases were supposed to hold on and go for a ride out into the water so they could retrieve the chute, however, only 2 of the soldiers properly carried out the procedure, 2 were caught off guard (seems I may have been one that was caught off guard as I was standing right near a station, but that was not definitely noted in the dream) and didn't carry it out correctly. I see the chute float down into the water and the cords pulling the ends with just 2 soldiers going for a ride on the water.

Then we are in a line up. Looks line 2 lines. I'm at the head of 1 of the lines of soldiers, furthest away from the leader. The leader looks like my handyman, strangely his name is Harlan which means army land. He is giving a talk to his group, like a pep talk. He's got a smile on his face, is magnetic and everyone seems engaged. I notice holes in his t-shirt. One of them is quite big, right at the left arm seam in the front.

I see a smaller man/kid, like a midget below me and he wants up to see the platoon leader. I hoist him up onto my left shoulder so he can see. At the end the leader tells us that we need to stick together, he will be with us and stay with us through whatever we are about to face. At the end of his talk, the small guy on my shoulder reaches out to shake his hand, but the platoon leader waves his hand in the air a disregarding way and won't shake the little guy's hand.

Appreciate any input!
Rose

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Military Dream

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:35 pm

Hi, Rose -

Sorry for the delay on this one. I don't have an interpretation, but I do have a few thoughts to offer:

The overall theme of the dream, to me, is that of some type of spiritual warfare. Is there some type of project (or mission, depending on how you look at it) that has been presented to the intercessors to be praying about? If this "thing" doesn't come to fruition as originally intended, the dream may be showing you that it's prayer-related: Only half of those involved were able to execute their responsibilities. Maybe those who ought to be praying just aren't able to fulfill this commitment - in the dream, they were caught off guard, so there may be a problem with focus/attention in real life. There may be a variety of reasons as to why.

I'm not certain that the 2nd part is the same issue as the first one, but may still be a church-issue. Is there someone in leadership that possesses the same qualities as the leader in the dream: magnetic, engaging, though perhaps a little unapproachable or aloof? You noticed the holes in this persons shirt - this could show that this person is in need of prayer covering. Come to think of it, the exercise in the first part of the dream may very well be covering this leader in prayer. The enemy may seize an opportunity to use this person to put off someone who usually admires them.

Just some thoughts,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rosebush on Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:36 pm

White Shadow --

I had not considered the dream could relate to a prayer group I am a part of -- thanks for the insight! I did feel whoever/whatever the leader represents has difficulty receiving the calling I have to probably the very least of people, or even that my own leadership is the foolish, weak, lowly, despised things of this world (I Cor 1:27). An interpreter friend suggested it could be a small man's perspective on my part that doesn't fall in line with what I am called to. Seems I am being shown something that needs repair.

Very grateful,
Rose

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:40 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top