Gift of healing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gift of healing?

Post by Shan on Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:56 pm

This dream may seem straight forward, but I just wanted to see if this could mean anything else.

I dreamed about a friend of mine who had cancer. I walked into her home intending to pray for her and there was a lady sitting beside her that was wearing a bright red shirt. When I walked in she said, "You have the gift of healing all over you."

The thing is, my friend passed away. I've never really felt that there was any gifting in this area. It is even hard for me to believe for my own healing sometimes.

Any thoughts?

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gift of healing?

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:03 pm

Hi, Shan -

Seems pretty straightforward to me. Being told something straight out in a dream like this where you don't feel gifted as such in your waking life doesn't mean it isn't true. Gideon was called a mighty warrior...but he responded with a "Who? Me?" because he hadn't seen it, felt it, had the faith for it at the time.

This may just be me, but I think this may be the first of more dreams like this for the purpose of building that faith to a point where you begin to move out more (or at all, as the case may be) in that gift.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:21 pm

Good point about Gideon!

I have had several dreams and prophecies about walking in some areas of giftedness, but these have all been something I have either asked the Lord for or have operated in before. The healing thing really took me for surprise, though. It feels as though it came out of left field. Guess I shouldn't go by feelings though.

Thank you!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:22 pm

I'm now thinking that God may have meant the opposite. That I was the one being healed! Maybe it's both... This is kind of a thought for myself for future reference.

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:51 pm

Totally Shan! I can relate to it meaning both. For me, I did a prophetic singing course a little while ago and while I was singing over this woman we both began to weep. Our leader said that I was being healed, while being a conduit of the healing Spirit to this other woman.. That's just one of the stories like that, I can think of so many more, where I was still -and still am- on the journey of being healed, but God still used me. And I don't know about you, but for me, it's easy to think that because I'm still being healed that I can't be used. As if I'm not good enough to be chosen to heal another, but I don't think it works that way. If you look at the disciples they were so insecure, and most of the time they had no idea what Jesus was talking about and yet they still saw amazing miracles, despite their weakness, because of the power of God through them. And I think that ties in with what Mark said about Gideon, who was the seen as the least of the men. He was the youngest in the smallest/weakest tribe and yet he was chosen for greatness. We see ourselves as small, defenseless kittens, and God sees the lion roaring in us, because He put it there, that passion and that strength, and His very own Spirit. Thank God He is the one who does all the hard work, where would we be?! Sorry this is so long, I didn't mean to preach at you! lol! God bless.

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:31 pm

Thanks, Gracee! Yes, I've been believing for a physical healing for a while and God is teaching me to just believe, which is hard to do sometimes. I think it's harder to believe for myself than it is for others.

Shannon

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:29 pm

The red shirt is important. Any idea what the red would relate to?

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:21 pm

I've heard the color red means anointing or revelation.

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:36 am

In my dreams it has symbolized communist China which is why symbols are so personal.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:32 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top