The Backsliding

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Backsliding

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:32 am

In this dream, I was sitting on the floor in a fairly large room. Somehow, this was supposed to be work - it felt like a previous job. It didn't look like it, it just had a feel to it. Well, I was sitting there before our day began, and my Aunt was the boss. She stood there and questioned me, saying, "What happened last Thursday?!" There was something about that day where our numbers (stats) for the day were low. I just sat there, not certain of what happened, and I didn't really have an answer for her...although, I may have felt bad about it? I really wanted the workday to begin so that I wouldn't have to continue talking about it.

The room filled up with my old coworkers. We were all sitting on the floor, spaced a bit apart, and in rows. This reminded me of gym class where we'd sit and stretch with warm-up exercises, and someone would lead us - usually one of the cadets, which were classmates who had been given a little more authority to lead us. In the dream, my former trainer/lead from this job was leading us through some stretches. I only remember him giving direction on part of one move, although I knew that we had done more than that.

We proceeded into our first real "move." The whole group had to slide on their bottoms backwards across the room. Then, we were to return to our starting position by sliding forward. We may have had to work together with someone else to do this, or maybe I and this other person decided to work together on our own. This other person was a girl that I do not know, although I knew that she was someone nice - and attractive as well. We sat side-by-side, somehow hanging on to each other, and slid together. Once we came to a stop, there was a moment where we acknowledged what we did, and then we returned, together, to our starting positions by sliding foward - and still connected, somehow. This is all that I remember from the dream.

"Backsliding" - I have to think that this is what the dream is about...but, it still doesn't make sense in my own situation. This isn't meant to sound boastful by any means, because I certainly have my ups and downs in my spiritual walk...but, the last three weeks, for certain, have been really awesome for me - better than I've had in a really long time. I guess I'm claiming that I'm not backsliding at all at right now - I'm not perfect, but things are really, really good. I did give some thought to my Aunt's questioning in the dream - if the Thursday that she asked me about was literal, then maybe it had to do with an incident with another employee that day? But, I've prayed about that and even apologized to the guy, plus that "grieving" feeling is gone. So...I really don't get it.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Backsliding

Post by Shan on Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:44 pm

Hi Mark,

This is just a thought and may be way off, but when I read the part about sliding backwards, I didn' think about backsliding. I was wondering if this could be a move of God in your life or in the Church. For part of the exercise it seems as though you couldn't see where you were going (sliding backwards) and part of it you could, but you were obediently following the directions of someone else. But, I guess the real question here is how did you feel when you were sliding backwards?

Could the stretching part be preparation? You knew there was more to the exercise, but had only been given directions for part of it. Is it possible you are being given an assignment, but will only be given parts at a time even though you may be well prepared?

The part where you teamed up with this girl reminded me of "two being better than one." Maybe this is a future relationship with a person or ministry, job, etc. When you paired up, did it make the exercise easier or harder?

Toss what doesn't fit. I'm just thinking here.

Shan

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:25 pm

Good thoughts, Shan. Thank you. Oddly enough, I'm having a fair amount of dreams lately where things start out with stretching - all as a preparation for whatever I'm going to do afterwards. So, yes, that part probably represents preparation.

Throughout the part of the dream that followed the stretching, I felt pretty good. Positive feelings, for sure. Like, I wanted to do well/follow what I was instructed to do, and I was doing it well. It was easier, somehow, to do this exercise while attached to another person (there was nothing visible/physical holding us together - we were somehow joined at the hip). Maybe this does represent another person...but I couldn't guess who at the moment. Hmmm...

I really do appreciate you drawing my attention to how I felt in the dream. When the word "backslide" came to mind, I naturally felt like it was about a negative situation...which confused me, for sure. But how I felt in the dream was positive, so it makes sense to look at it the way that you did. Thanks again. :)

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:57 pm

Sure. Glad to help!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:53 pm

Sponsored content