Conducting In A Dressing Room

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Conducting In A Dressing Room

Post by Jordanriver8 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:30 pm

In this dream I was an orchestra conductor of a rather large performance. I remember the hall being full of people and they were all seatened in darkness waiting for the music to begin. Then all of a sudden the music started and it began to swell with highs and lows, it was absolutely beautiful. Various instruments playing as one. And I remember being beside the stage almost like a dressing room, but the door was open and I could see the musicians in the orchestra pit, the stage, the velet red curtains and part of the first row of people. I was in the dressing room with only a couple of lights in front of a mirror just conducting my heart out. I remember hearing my mom say, "Look at her go! She is giving it all she has." And I remember just closing my eyes and conducting as the music was playing. End of dream.

I found it odd that I wasn't on stage conducting the orchestra but on the side doing so. Interesting dream.

Jordanriver8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Conducting In A Dressing Room

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:00 pm

Hi, Jordanriver8 -

This is an interesting dream. Here you were leading the group, but you were not the focus. And, really, this is rightly so. Many conductors make their roles appear more important - or, more of the focus - than the reason that people have come to the concert: The Music! But, with you, this was not the case.

So, at this time, are you in any sort of leadership role? If you are, the result of your leading (the beautiful music of the concert) may not result in you getting the attention that others might expect. This may be because you usually give the glory to God.

The message from the dream, however, may be to encourage you when you don't get the credit that the world may promote: In the dream, your mother was enthusiastic about what you were doing, and of course you had her attention. In many of my dreams, my mother represents the Lord - this may apply to your dream, too. He sees your efforts and is proud.

Not necessarily an interpretation - just some thoughts.
Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top