Measuring the Ocean

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Measuring the Ocean

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:03 am

I was in my dining room and I noticed a white ute pulled into my driveway. There were about 5 tradesmen inside. I wondered why they were here, because I knew they weren't supposed to be doing work on our house that day.They started chipping away at the dining room window - from the outside and I knew it wasn't right.

They moved to the kitchen window and started taking the window apart. I was in the kitchen but I wasn't sure if they had seen me so I moved slowly down to the ground. But they started moving slowly up the window, so I was scared they'd see me. At this point I still wasn't sure of their intentions, if it was a repair or a break in. Then finally they broke through the window, and I grabbed the end of the blinds - which has a wooden stick - and I was hitting them with it. And then I grabbed a saucepan and I hit one guy and it cut his thumb. And he said "you started this!" And I said, "you're coming through my window?!"...

Then in the next scene a woman was at the beach and she was trying to take measurements of the ocean to make some blinds for my kitchen window. But she realised she couldn't measure the wave to the right size because it kept moving. People were taking photos of her - i think maybe I was. And we all thought it was funny, and she also seemed to be having a good time.

Then I was taking photos of my brother and sister in law. Then in a room near the beach was a group of students graduating in their black robes. They were getting ready to leave the room. And I thought of my own graduation.

Then there was spider within a spider that was in the dining room and it was coming towards me, but then somebody sprayed it.

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Measuring the Ocean

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:50 am

Hi, Gracee -

Just some ideas on your dream:

The part with the tradesmen and the "work." How you felt is probably the indicator of where this fits in real life. You knew that what they were doing wasn't right. Later on, you questioned their intentions, which is more of looking for confirmation on your initial discernment. The overall theme of this part of the dream, to me, is: Discerning something as wrong, but then waiting until it gets a little out of hand before taking action. Some of your actions were fear-motivated (the avoidance and hiding). The whole scene turned into a struggle at the end. This escalation of the situation could be to show you what may happen if something is allowed to go on long enough. So, going back to the beginning of the dream: The white vehicle showing up could be a situation that appears to be God-sent, but you recognized that it wasn't - the whole "masquerading as an angel of light" thing. If you have feelings about something like you did in the dream, maybe there something you can do early on to avoid things getting out of control?

I'm not sure about the part with the woman measuring the ocean. It could be about a situation that only God can do - something that's simply beyond human means.

Isaiah 40:12 says, "Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, or with the breadth of his hand marked off the heavens? Who has held the dust of the earth in a basket, or weighed the mountains on the scales and the hills in a balance?"

Here's a question: What seems as large or overwhelming as the task of measuring the ocean? Are you looking at your life as a whole right now and trying to figure it all out? That's just a random thought, and it may not fit the dream... The following scene where you were taking pictures of your brother and sister in law and then the thoughts of your own graduation...it's like it's all about where you're going in life, which is where my question came from.

The spider within a spider - a specific threat within a larger threat, perhaps? Like an attack that's part of a greater (negative) plan? Whatever it is, the promise is where someone else sprayed it - you didn't have to even deal with it.

These are only thoughts to consider.
Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:26 am

TheWhiteShadow wrote:Here's a question: What seems as large or overwhelming as the task of measuring the ocean? Are you looking at your life as a whole right now and trying to figure it all out?

Thanks for your thoughts Mark, they've been helpful.. In reply to this question, yes the thing is I am in this situation right now. Iím meant to be going back to uni this week, I've been to my first week of classes and had really mixed feelings about returning. I was really overwhelmed at the thought of both continuing or possibly deferring to find work. I haven't had a clear indication of which way to go so I've been basically not moving. I know, not the best, but that's where I'm at. A few weekends ago I received a prophetic word and the woman said that I was on a train and wanting to get off, but that jesus was on that train and itís the right train to stay on. The only thing is I've had dreams about false prophetic words, and what she said hasn't been confirmed by anything else. Other things she said were accurate though.. Um.. I donít know if this dream is about uni, maybe itís for a different situation. But reading this right now, I think of that and I donít know, Iím just really confused.

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:42 am

Gracee, if you've been having dreams about false prophetic words and you find yourself, now, questioning this woman's word...do you see how that could fit the first part of your dream and how you felt? If you question the authenticity of this woman's word, that lines up with the part where you knew what the workers were doing wasn't right.

Prophetic words should confirm what God's already spoken to you.

To be fair, if anything I or anyone else here has said to you doesn't confirm what God's said, reject those things just as well.

Of course you want to know what to do - you want to do whatever would be best. Personal experience: I was once at the same place - continue school or advance at work. I wrestled with it a long time, because neither one stood out as the obvious choice. And guess what? I was given a prophetic word as well: "You choose. God is able to bless you no matter which route you go." This didn't make the decision any easier, but it was a true word.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:45 am

Thanks for the advice Mark, it really helps. Sorry to go on, but I woke up early this morning and heard a voice saying my name, then 'go' - it was a woman's voice. I've read a little on here about not trusting those auditory voices... I'll post this in symbols too. But have you ever had that experience?

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:28 am

Very, very rarely. I've also heard that they're not necessarily something you should trust. If it's from God, it should encourage and strengthen you, and cause you to want to follow it. "His sheep know his voice..." If it makes you doubt or gives you some other negative feeling, don't listen to it (that's just my advice).

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:19 pm

Thankyou!

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:00 am

Sponsored content