Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Boscoe Jenkins

feeling attacked...NEED SOME ADVICE.

I wanted to know spirituailly, how can someone overcome the feeling of constantly being attacked?? Ive been stuggling with this for about two yrs now since moving out of my mothers house. By nature, I am a very sensitive person...overly sensitive to most people. So when it comes to a person correcting me on somethng thr may or may not be wrong, I take it very personally. That is not healthy I know. I notice it with my friends especially. They mean me no harm when they try to hlp me with an issue. If anythng, I respect the honesty. At one point I WAS doing alot wrong & when they would tell me somethng I would automatically think that I'd done somethng wrong. Now tht we have moved & I have a lil more freedom to roam I notice tht I still have this problem. I cant discern when nothing is really wrong & when it is. Like I said its an automatic response "I think ive done something wrong." It is also affecting my job. I take things wayyyy to personally & I misinterpret wht is being told to me as an attack. Im so used to feeling like tht, tht I dont know how to change...ive been trying to find out where this is steming from. When I was a child I was in fostercare & the family I styed with was not very good to me. The mother used to abise me alot. I need & want to find the source behind this because I feel tht its a detrmental threa to things & people who are important to me. Especially God.

It's most likely the spirit of rejection and/or abandonment that causes you to be so sensitive. There is nothing YOU can do but pray in this area(s) and read the Word and allow the Holy Spirit to do the work.

Building yourself up in prayer and the Word is a commitment, but it's necessary if you want change.

Blessings huggins

Hi Boscoe,

I feel very strongly that you are dealing with a spirit of rejection. When you deal with a spirit of rejection, it is hard to take criticism even if it is constructive and well-meaning. You also tend to see the negative in yourself before the positive. Satan has learned where your weakness is and he is toying with you, reminding you that you don't measure up.

A spirit of rejection often takes root in childhood. Someone may have been overly critical of you or overly impatient. Children don't know how to figure out that it is actually the adult's problem and not their own.

I too have suffered from this and still do sometimes, although I'm much more confident in who I am in Christ and am more adept at recognizing Satan's schemes.

What I've done is quote Deut 28:13 which says, "And the Lord shall make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above and not beneath; if you listen to the commands of the Lord."

I also remind myself that I am not under a curse because Jesus has taken ALL curses for me. He was rejected so I will not be.

If you learn who you are in Christ AND your authority over Satan and ALL his devices, you WILL begin to experience victory!

However, if I am way off I know you will find the true source of your trouble. If this resonates with you, feel free to pm me and I will share more with you.

There IS victory in Jesus!

Shannon

Wow! As I was typing this Cholette responded with the exact same thing! I think this is your answer, Boscoe! yes, it sometimes takes me a while to complete a post!

In addition, the Holy Spirit is our Helper and Counsellor and knows just how to help us in any and every situation. If u speak in tongues, why not set aside a few minutes everyday to pray in tongues about it. Praying in tongues has helped me overcome a lot of emotional issues!

BelovedoftheLord wrote:
In addition, the Holy Spirit is our Helper and Counsellor and knows just how to help us in any and every situation. If u speak in tongues, why not set aside a few minutes everyday to pray in tongues about it. Praying in tongues has helped me overcome a lot of emotional issues!

Me too thumbs

Shan wrote:
Wow! As I was typing this Cholette responded with the exact same thing! I think this is your answer, Boscoe! yes, it sometimes takes me a while to complete a post!

wow