Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
halfstep1969

Does God ever speak to you through songs?

Hi, everyone,

Just wondering if you sometimes receive foreknowledge through songs. I will wake up with a certain song on my heart, and it almost always will have to do with the situation that I am in or one that is coming my way. For instance this trial that I am going through right now, I started to hear the song by Ginny Owens, "I Will Go through the Valley if You Want me to". I couldn't understand why this song kept popping up in my heart, when everything was going really well, and then a few days later, my husband lost his job. I know that God speaks to me a lot through songs. Has anyone else had this experience?

God's grace,
halfstep1969 :babymonkey:

I've had that happen to me plenty of times!! I will be singing a song or hearing it in my dreams and I will wake up to it knowing that that's what God wants to tell me currently!! In heaven the angels rejoice and sing before the throne all while saying, "HALELULIA" to God on his throne and worshiping him. Singing and jubilation is the natural thing to do in the kingdom! God tells us to "make a joyful noise"..and to come before his presence with singing.

Desiree,

Thanks for that! Today I woke up to "Sometimes He calms the Storm" by Scott Krippayne, and the line "Sometimes he hold us close and lets the wind and waves go wild, Sometimes he calms the storm, other times he calms his child" is what has stayed with me. I wrote a song the other day about hiding in his wings until the storm has finally passed. I also have been given a vision of standing on the Rock and I am safely tucked under God's feathers as the waves are crashing so high and violently.

halfstep1969 👏 👏

I remember dreaming several weeks ago that I was singing, but the song was an original. I failed to write it down when I woke up, so I lost it. However, as I was singing in the dream, the song was so beautiful, and I know it was a song of praise and worship.

Delaine

Hi Delaine
DON'T QUOTE ME ON THIS but i heard that when God gives you a song during your fellowship with him- so like you are worshipping and you start singing a tune and then you forget it when you are finished- it's called a tehillah. I was told that a tehillah is a form of worship to God and most times when that time of worship is done- you know you have song a new song but oft times you don't remember the song. :coolyoh:

I remember this one dream I had years ago, I was going up in the clouds and I heard a beautiful choir singing praises to the Lamb. It sounded like a gospel choir. The harmonies were so beautiful. I couldn't see anything but clouds all around me. I remember it getting brighter and brighter and the singing was getting closer, I felt like I would soon see Jesus, then I awoke in bright sunlight streaming through the window shades. I could not recall the words or the melody, but my heart was so full of praise.

Halfstep1969 :PTL:

WOW!!! This happens to me A LOT!!! I have been singing since I was a little girl and what amazes me is when the songs I learned as a child come back to me "out of the blue". When I pay attention to the words, God is speaking to me...I LOVE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!!

My favorite place to pray and sing is while I'm driving and most times a song will come out of my mouth that I NEVER heard before. The words just flow out of my heart through my mouth and afterwords I can't remember anything about the song!!

God is so awesome and INEXHAUSTIBLE!!! bouncing

I just want to thank all of you who responded to this question. God has really placed a love for the Bride in me, and is bringing songs from when I was younger back to me. When I learned them I had no idea what they truly meant. As He is revealing more things to me these old songs and hymns are much more precious.

Halfstep1969 👏 👏

Since I was a child I've had a passion for music. I'd written tons of songs and poetry but the music never came. I play guitar, but horribly (not being modest, I really am terrible) and am just learning piano and am NO mozart. I had gotten discouraged and had asked God why I had such a passion for music if I'm no good at it...

two days later, i woke with a song in my head...only it wasn't a song I knew, i got my notebook and i started writing and the melody line grew inside me. He not only birthed the song, but as I began to sing it, He was speaking directly to me! I took the melody and the words to my friend and worship leader, and we are about to record it...

His ways are not our ways...and if music speaks to your soul, why wouldn't He use music to speak to you?