Lost at sea...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lost at sea...

Post by Shan on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:43 pm

Sorry for the length of this dream:

I dreamed last night that I was on some type of boat. I don't know if it was a cruise ship or what, but a friend who I haven't seen in almost 20 yrs. was on the boat with me (her name is Michelle. I plan on looking up the meaning of that name.) I don't remember anyone else being on the boat. The sea was rough and the boat sank. It was nighttime and I was fighting for my life in the middle of the sea. I cried out to God to please save me and then I found a canoe. I climbed into the canoe, but still felt scared because I didn't know in what direction to paddle towards land.

Then, off in the distance I saw land, but I didn't know if it was inhabited because it looked very rocky and I don't remember if I still had a paddle or not because I thought,"How am I going to get over there with the sea rough like this? It looks pretty far away."

Next, I looked over my shoulder and saw that the land jutted out closer than I realized and I began paddling with my hands franticly to get over there. It too was rocky and I wasn't sure I could hoist myself out of the canoe and grab onto the rocks, because the sea was still rough. I did manage to get out and get on land and was so thankful and relieved, but there was still the battle to find out if the land was inhabited or not. Thankfully, I saw some lights not too far off and I somehow knew that this area was poor and that I was in Central America. El Salvador, to be more specific.

I ran to this house and knocked on the door. The only thing I could say was "Hola," but the man could tell that I was wet and distressed and obviously not from Central America. He allowed me to stay the night on his couch. For some reason I trusted him. I didn't know how to tell him about my friend who was still out in the sea somewhere.

The next morning his whole family was awake and his wife spoke English. I could not remember my original destination, but told her it was somewhere in Central America. I came up with Honduras (I've been there a few times), but knew that wasn't right. I asked to call my mom as I knew she would be worried and relieved to know I was alright. I also told her about my friend and no one in the family seemed to care.
When I called my mom, she was relieved but wasn't as distressed as I thought she should be. I actually wanted to hear that she had some emotion connected to my being shipwrecked (she is very compassionate IRL). I told her about Michelle and that I didn't know if she made it or not. Again, she didn't seem to care about her or the ordeal I was going through with the possibility of my having lost a friend. The dream ended abruptly as my alarm woke me.

I'll add that I was watching a documentary on tsunami's last night and I don't know if the Lord used that to tell me something or whether it is a soul dream, but it's been with me all day.

Thanks ahead of time!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost at sea...

Post by dd on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:52 pm

I'm not an interpret... My two cents to this are that I generally tend to approach this type of dreams with "hey, if the ending is happy, praise God - all's gonna be fine at the end!"

Interesting about your friend and that no-one else was on the boat. I could imagine you have something common IRL - maybe a secret or maybe an adventure or trip you took... (the ship in dream). Maybe you just have gone separate ways (shipwreck, she's lost) and maybe you shouldn't really be worried. Or maybe you should let go of something. Let's face it, if you'd be really worried in dream, you'd yell and scream and certainly not sleep peacefully on their coach... Maybe the friend symbolizes something - a situation, area in your life etc. Maybe you have to get rid of something in your life that holds you back.
Also, in dream you doubted if you can make it. Is there something you doubt about IRL if you can make it? Maybe you should look for those small encouragements (lights, coast is closer then it first seemed). Good thing is that you know that the ending is happy.
The fact, that nobody really worried in dream maybe means there is something you think about too much or stress out, when in fact you should not let these things bother you too much and should just trust God.

As I said, I am just saying my thoughts, I had no 'revelation' nor something.

God bless,
DD

dd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:38 pm

Thank you DD! Yes, all of these things are true! And you're right, I slept peacefully on the couch and had a happy ending.

I thought of there being land and lights and someone who spoke English as encouragement as well.

Good insight on my friend, too. We went to grad. school together. I am working in the field in which we were trained and she is not, at least last time I heard. Maybe that's why she wasn't found to my knowledge in the dream.

Thanks again!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by True Flight on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:34 pm

Just my thoughts, Sinking ships are never fun, especially if your on it.
Could Michelle represent your job? What could she represent?
I think your in a foreign land because your not comfortable with where you ended up at, but soon you do get comfortable.

The last sinking ship I was on in a dream was a Church break up, It all worked out ok.

True Flight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:04 pm

Hmmm...

Maybe it could represent my job. Clients always go down in the summer, but things are looking up as I have some new contracts coming. It could represent my anxiety regarding my job. I'll think on this. Thank you!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dd on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:57 am

Praise the Lord! ;) Glad it made sense! :)

dd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:52 pm

Just posting a message to myself. El Salvador means The Savior.

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:56 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top