snake/ bear dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

snake/ bear dream

Post by dd on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:43 am

This was a bit scary dream that I had last night...

I was in my childhood apartment and there was a snake that could change into a bear and back. I was trying to get rid of it. Whenever it tried to befriend or scare me it would come as a bear, but then when I am about to get it, it turned into a snake and escaped with enormous speed under the door or hid under the bed until it escaped.
At some point my mother showed up. She meant that the bear is so cute and said it was a cub and that I should make friends with it. So I tried and at some point bear sucked my finger and - almost sucked it off by trying to suck it deeper in it's mouth... I dismissed the cub and continued to pursue it and it turned into a snake and escaped to the other room. Then it returned as a full grown bear growling and trying to scare. He put his head through the kitchen door, which has glass mosaic that has been broken in one corner already and my mother held the door and I got pepper spray. I sprayed it, but it didn't affect it besides running eyes. Then again it turned into a snake and escaped. Well, at some point I gave up and decided to leave the place and my mother said "it's okay, police will come and kill it/ capture it".

dd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: snake/ bear dream

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:30 am

Hi, dd -

I've been thinking about this dream off and on since you posted it. I'm not claiming that this is the meaning - just something to consider:

I thought that the bear/snake represents a person in your life - possibly even from your past. Just like the animal in the dream, this may be someone who frequently comes in and out of your life. This person may also have two distinct aspects to their personality, just as the animal in the dream did depending upon how you were interacting with it. The person of your mother in the dream could be someone who has encouraged a relationship with this animal (person) in the past.

Now, this person may be back in your life, again, just as when the bear returned full-grown. Your efforts to ward this person off may only trigger an emotional response (the tears from the pepper spray). In fact, the tears may not even be genuine...but that's just a thought.

Turning the situation over to the police at the end of the dream may represent turning the situation over to the Lord to deal with.

Again, these are just thoughts - I'm not claiming that this IS what the dream means.

Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dd on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:29 am

Hi Mark!

I appreciate your thoughts a lot! Thanks for praying and for taking your time to reply!

I had similar clues. I prayed about it and I sense it's about soon to be ex-husband... First of all, I am living so far away from my family that I have no other contact to them then a phone call once every few weeks and a visit if, then once in a year so there are not many people my mother can encourage or discourage me to hang out with. She has been praising my husband though. His dealings with them have always been super sweet and they love him. I've made my parents aware though about the split and my mother has said, well, then let it go.
He fits perfectly that description. He is a teddy bear I can cuddle up to, but then I will get a roar and an attempt to maul me. Then I will fight back and then he'll reduce him to thin air and sneak away. Then he'll let me in peace and hide and any attempt to warm me up will be used to scare him off. Then I'll either get warmer and he becomes a cute teddy bear or he'll be a roaring crazy bear, but the cycle will start again, guaranteed. After this dream I had a very crazy fight with him and it might be that this dream was a warning and after the fight I felt like, hey, there is no chance it can work out because every time I trust this person I get devoured. I did pray and of course still pray, that God takes control of it. Now I've completely have given it to God and have made a conscious decision to "not to warm up" nor to "explode back". I handle it with "police will take care of it" and I deal with it while praying.

I've had tears obviously. Not anymore. I think when we finally part our ways there will be some tears, but more like tears of anger or disappointment - stuff that is not reaching too deep into my soul...

Praise the Lord. ;)

blessings,
DD

dd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:10 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top