In My Lunchbox

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In My Lunchbox

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:25 am

Hello, all -

In this dream, I was in a vehicle along with a bunch of former coworkers. It may have been a bus. We were heading somewhere for a work-related event, part of which would include a potluck kind of thing. There was commentary on the way about how one of the present coworkers had failed to do some task. The comments were sarcastic and making fun of her, but it was more playful than hurtful. No feelings stood out in this part of the dream.

We arrived at our destination, and I seemed to be the first person in this kitchenette room. We were going to place our potluck dishes on the counter for later. I had with me my lunchbox from work and a bottle of wine - I don't drink in real life, but I recognize from the label on the bottle that this was not an expensive wine. The thing is, I didn't want to place this bottle on the counter for two reasons: First, this was a work-related event, and I sorta expected people to not be real receptive to alcohol at such a thing - so, I figured I'd get a lot of backlash for that choice. Second, I felt that this bottle was brought to share with someone closer to me at a private, later time.

I opened up my lunchbox to see if there was anything else I could place on the counter. Sadly, all that I had was two partial bottles of the same brand of water, and some Pepto Bismol...which is interesting considering I haven't taken the stuff in many years. Disappointed, I place the bottle of wine on the counter and hoped for the best.

Finally, I looked around on the counter and saw some of the other things that people had brought. I didn't feel quite so bad about the wine after this. The whole spread felt extremely cheap...I mean REALLY cheap! For example, one person brought one T.V. dinner to share!

This is the end of the dream. I will share that I have a possible work-related trip coming up in August that I'm not too crazy about. I'll be travelling with our company big-wigs as the only blue-collar representative from the plant. My cousin, the supervisor, will also be with us, so I'll at least have someone to relate to.

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In My Lunchbox

Post by dd on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:28 am

this was a funny dream, I had to laugh as I visualized it. ;)

On a more serious note - In my humble opinion I think you'll think you're being unprepared for something and at the end it will turn out that despite being unprepared according to your integrity, you'll be very well prepared. You not wanting to take out the bottle seem to me like you're underestimating yourself and your contribution (maybe because you are "just" a blue collar worker, the social perception among cubicle workers and such.) You feeling like the bottle is to be kept to drink with someone more special and in privacy might indicate that you are internally resistant to "shine publicly". You putting it up eventually might indicate that you are able to shine, but are shy or need to grow your confidence. If you'd not be prepared you'd put the water bottles and pretend that they are not yours or roll your eyes while saying whatever.

Anyways, these are my to cents. Maybe it makes sense. ;)

D.

dd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:41 am

Thanks, DD. You are correct in describing how I perceive myself and my contribution to work - and other things, for that matter. I am resistant to anything that causes me to stand out or be set apart from the group.

I'll be holding on to this dream as the trip that I mentioned approaches, keeping in mind that what I contributed was actually somewhat worthwhile compared to what the others offered, even if I had my doubts.

Thanks for responding!
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dd on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:45 am

awesome! I thank God! Hope you have an internal break through and that this dream helps!

D.

dd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:55 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum