Light and Doves: Why the negative feeling??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Light and Doves: Why the negative feeling??

Post by Mamoyo on Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:48 am

I had a short dream.
My husband, our son and I were standing by our front door. It was nightfall, already dark outside. I was about to lock our door for the night. Suddenly the outside light came on, and I tried to turn it off without success. Light was flooding the front of our house. Then we saw 3 or 4 doves/pigeons fly onto the front of the house, but after they landed on the yard, we could not physically see them but were aware of their presence. I said to my husband that it was the light that had attracted the pigeons - and (worringly) in the dream it seemed like a bad thing. I was worried about the mess that the pigeons will make and how I would have to clean up in the morning. It was also as if the light was bad for attracting the birds, but for some reason it was not possible to turn it off. In the end I just gave up and accepted that the birds would be there and would probably leave once it was day time again. In the dream I also noticed that of the whole street and neighbourhood. all the houses had their lights out, it was darkness everywhere with only our house fully lit, even with lights outside. I also saw a couple walking to their car, and noticed that they could see because of the light from our house, otherwise they would be in total darkness.

Yet for some reason it seems I felt it was wrong to have lights on when everyone else had theirs turned off. It was as if I was trying to fit in with everyone else.

What worries me is that upon waking up, I realized that light and doves/pigeons are a positive thing, but why did I have this feeling in my dream; not embracing them?

Mamoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Light and Doves: Why the negative feeling??

Post by Chi on Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:25 pm

Chi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamoyo on Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:38 pm

Hi Chi.

Thanks for your response; I found the info useful.

A bit of background to my present situation. Of late I have really been seeking God, my prayer being that I want to know more of Him, and asking the Holy Spirit (our helper) to fill me anew.

I am spending hours on end just soaking into his Word, and am very excited about what God is revealing to me. The bible, the Word is so illuminated, and I know that I have a renewed, deeper relationship with God. So after my prayers last night, I feel this dream contains God's answer, but am confused.

Based on the above thread discussions, maybe God is warning me that my actions may hinder my relationship with Him. Will continue to pray.

Mamoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:26 pm

Hi Mamoyo,

From what I gather from your dream, looks like your dream represents that God is developing in you, "His Light" to shine on others who are in darkness. In regards to the "mess" in the dream, others will see the "Light" in you, but they'll also see something else in you, that the Lord wants to "clean up".

I always think of pigeons as birds with a message who are trained to take flight where they've been trained to go to deliver the message. Doves to me represent peace and calmness. Are there any feelings or thoughts of where God is leading you ... like in some kind of ministry, or missions work?

On another note, it may not be about missions work, it may be that the Lord is just showing you that the dream itself is the message He wanted delivered to you.

Pls toss if none of this seems to fit.

May the Lord reveal His true interpretation to you. My prayers are with you!

Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamoyo on Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:19 am

Thanks for your thoughts Sunny, much appreciated.

I agree with you that the light represents God's light that He wants to shine in me, and that it will also shine on others in darkness. Regarding the mess, there was no visible mess as such, but it was in my thoughts in the dream; generally pigeons or any bird will defacate everywhere, creating a mess. It's not as if they had already done so, it was me dreading that possibility. Which worries me, because I can see the light and the birds are of God, but my attitude was not right. Could it be that I am dreading the responsibility that comes with what God is about to do in my life? Like you said, may be God wants to "clean up" my attitude. I am praying that I change and accept whatever God is trying to do in my life.

After this dream I got curious as to the meaning of pigeons, as compared to doves and what the Word says about them. I cannot quote the scriptures here but I noted that where God instructed His people to use doves, in most cases He would ask them to present either doves or pigeons - whichever the person was able to provide. Meaning that to God pigeons are in the same class as doves, or so I think; because in the dream I was not sure if they were doves or pigeons.

I agree with you that the Lord wants to lead me to some place, but as to the question of where; it's not clear to me yet.

Thank you Sunny for prompting my thoughts, because as I am writing this there are some aspects of the dream that are getting clearer to me.

Mamoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:51 am

It's good that you're weeding out what's not accurate and what feels "right". That's one of the reasons I love coming on this site!

Glad to hear that you're sorting out your dream and God's message to you is becoming clearer!

God bless!

Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamoyo on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:17 am

Thanx Sunny.

Mamoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:55 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top