Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Boscoe Jenkins

I have a question!!!

I was wondering, when Ive been spending time with the Lord I cnt figure out why I start distancing myself from my friends...i dnt know if tht is a good thng or a bad thing My sister made a good point to me recently. She said, wht the other person is doing wrong has nothing to do with me, they will change in their time, & if anything we should love them the same. I felt tht she was right me getting cloaer to god should not affect how I treat those close to me. How does somebodg balance God & thoer loved ones??? Because when I do spend time with him I get real still on the inside, which trigfwrs the urge to distance. I dnt want anyone around me to think tht im better than them because I am not. I need to learn gow to balance the two.

Let it happen naturally. There are seasons where God will set you apart so that He can develop the relationship with you that He longs for. When God does it, no one is hurt by it....it's a natural process.

As you learn how to love God, eventually, you will also learn how to love your neighbor because He is love.

Hi Boscoe,

I guess it depends on who those people are... if they drag you into sin or not, if they are supportive of your relationship with God or not... (I'm assuming you are not being judgemental, that they just sense the distance in you when you are focussed on God instead of what they are used to.)

If they are good for you, then you will learn to carry that stillness into relationships... if they are not good for you, you will learn to distance yourself while being polite, courteous and loving. It is possible to interact with love and kindness without giving away your heart... it is hard though!

You know how the conditions of parole for a person released from jail can include not associating with the people he/she used to... I think there is sometimes good reason for that!

I try very hard to bring who I am into relationships where there is not a common love for God... it is hard and I find myself feeling sad, very sad... after being together with people I love who don't love God.

I pray that you will find confidence in the stillness, that you will increasingly find that the stillness stays when you walk around, that it is there when you wake up, that your mind turns to God many times in the day... and that the stillness in your heart brings you peace and clarity in those moments... I pray that you will be able to authentically be who you are, and be in love with God, and that the people around you will be able to see that you are not rejecting them, that they will be able to see that you love them better when you are in God and with God. God is love, so being with him will produce this quality in you... I pray that love will begin to seep out of you like a fragrance wherever you go.

I love what Cholette and Owen said too...

Bless you Boscoe :o)