Another authority dream...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another authority dream...

Post by Shan on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:06 pm

I dreamed that I was in a public place walking around with a friend. A police officer came up and rebuked me for walking in a forbidden area, although there was nothing indicating so. He told me to take a 5 minute time out. I said no. He became frustrated and told me that I was the only person who walked in this area and he showed me a video proving this. The police officer now said that I had a 30 minute time out. Again, I told him that I wasn't going to do that. I then pointed out that there were no cones in this area or signs, nothing roped off saying this was a forbidden area. The only thing that was different was that the sidewalk in that area looked like it had been recently repaired, but was in working condition.

Then the officer got this measuring device and laid it over the sidewalk area to "prove" it's demensions were such that it is unlawful to walk on. I told the officer that my dad was a carpenter (he really is) and that I was familiar with this measuring device and the law regarding it. Once I made my case, the officer backed off and didn't make me do any time-out. At the end of the conversation, we were friendly with one another.

Any thoughts?

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another authority dream...

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:54 am

Hi, Shan -

My thoughts are that the dream is related to spiritual warfare. You were in a struggle with a spiritual "authority" that attempted to intensify its punishments on you while you tried to justify yourself. It wasn't until your arguments were based upon your identity as a daughter of a carpenter that you were able to have victory.

Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:41 am

TheWhiteShadow wrote:Hi, Shan -

My thoughts are that the dream is related to spiritual warfare. You were in a struggle with a spiritual "authority" that attempted to intensify its punishments on you while you tried to justify yourself. It wasn't until your arguments were based upon your identity as a daughter of a carpenter that you were able to have victory.

Blessings,
-Mark

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:59 am

Hi Mark (and Cholette),

Thanks for your input. I don't know why the part about being a daughter of a carpenter didn't stand out to me. Duh! It makes sense as I now see that I was the one with the true authority instead of the officer.

I'm doing a study on respecting those God has put in authority over us and I thought it may have to do with that. There was a part of me in the dream that thought I should have just apologized and obeyed, rather than standing my ground.

Shannon

Last edited by Shan on Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added more thoughts)

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:59 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top