Dreamed I almost got married. Yikes!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dreamed I almost got married. Yikes!

Post by Shan on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:15 am

I have this reoccurring dream. Different settings, but same theme.

I dreamed that I was part of a group of friends, both guys and girls. Everyone hooked up with each other and had plans to get married on the same day. My scheduled time to marry was 2:00. IRL I knew this guy in college, but not well. He is also married IRL. In the dream I knew he was a Christian and was a really good guy, someone I could trust to be good to me.

As my time to get married approached, I began to get nervous because I didn't know him well and wasn't in love with him. We hadn't even dated. I pulled a couple of my best friends aside and told them what I was feeling. They agreed with me that I should call it off. I then went and got this guy and told him that I was sorry that I couldn't marry him and was surprised that it was so easy to tell him. I didn't worry about the others being mad at me even though I knew some of them probably would be. I said that I would be willing to go on some dates with him to see if there is anything between us. He was disappointed, but understood. After that, we hung out with our friends at an after party. EOD.

IRL, God has revealed to me secrets about my husband-to-be. So I have set myself apart, waiting on his arrival. I have no desire to date anyone else. Don't know if it is relevant to this dream or not, but don't think this dream has anything to do with the chance of marrying the wrong person.

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dreamed I almost got married. Yikes!

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:17 am

Hey Shan, I was just going to comment and say your dog is so cute! :) but just wanted to ask, Are you considering committing to anything long term?maybe not necessarily a relationship? Like considering a job or another opportunity?

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:32 am

Hi Gracee,

Thank you! His name is Winston.

There are a few things I'm thinking of commiting to. I am a mentor to a young woman, something I've done before and I'll be co-leading a Bible study in the fall. I'll also be taking an online course soon (not a college course, but one on dreams and visions), which is go at your own pace.
I'll pray to see if I'm overcommitted. Were you thinking along these lines?

Thanks so much for your response!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:27 am

Hi Shan, It could be about the things you mentioned but it might be about something completely different too - either way, I know God will make it clear to you! Just from what I got from your dream - it seems like you'll have an opportunity before you, and in the end you'll be turning it down. In the dream, you knew in your heart that this thing wasn't the right fit for you. You also had people around you to confirm that decision. It seems like telling the person will be the daunting part but he was understanding of your decision and in the end things turned out better than you thought. So I think its saying to not worry when you feel this way, because it wasn't right for you in the first place, even if it did seem like something good at one point. The thing that stands out to me is that in your heart you just knew it wasn't right, follow your discernment if you don't feel at peace with a commitment. Please pray about this though, and I know the Spirit will lead you to a clear understanding of it in the right time. God bless!

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:56 am

Hi, gracee!

Thanks for your post. I think this has already manifested, but I'll still consider that this may be about something else.

I had overcommited myself with having company three weekends in a row and it had stressed me out. I called a friend of mine to get her opinion about canceling one particular weekend and she said she would go ahead and cancel one of them, which is what I did. I feel a lot less stressed now. sweet dreams 2

I wouldn't have put the two together without your post!

So thanks again, Gracee!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dd on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:13 am

wow, that's awesome! :)

dd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:45 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top