The Motorcycle Ride

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Motorcycle Ride

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:45 am

Good Morning, all -

In this dream, I had taken a motorcycle away from my younger brother. Apparently, he had been riding it when he shouldn't have. I don't know the exact reasons why he couldn't keep riding it.

So, I was on this thing out in the country near my parents' house. I had to return it to my stepdad to hold onto. I began by leaving the parking lot of a bar that actually exists in this place in real life. I was never inside the place in the dream.

As I was leaving, I noticed another bar right next to this place. I was curious about it, but I didn't go inside. Instead, I started driving the motorcycle down the country road toward my parents'.

On the way, I saw another bar on the other side of the road. Again, I pulled into the parking lot and felt curious about this place. Once again, I didn't enter it, but continued on my way instead. Right across the street from the place was another bar. I wasn't curious about this one - I felt like there was something "not good" about this place...like, the patrons would be rough or something. Again, I went to continue on my way. As I was pulling out of the parking lot, though, a woman came out from the bar, somewhat intoxicated, and she asked me for help. She had a familiar look to her, like she reminded me of some celebrity. However, I wanted nothing to do with her, and I actually drove away without looking back or even hearing what her problem was that needed my help.

At this point, I'm very aware of my driving. I'm aware that I am not the kind of person to ride a motorcycle (I'm not interested in real life). I'm aware that I don't have a helmet on. I'm aware that I don't have a license. Still, the feeling of riding this was positive - freedom, really. However, since I didn't have a license and really only needed to go a little further to make it to my parents', I dropped my speed to 10mph below the speed limit so that I wouldn't get stopped by an officer.

In the end, I made it to my parents' and parked the bike behind their house. My stepdad was pleased that the bike was there so that he could work on it. I thought to myself about the experience and considered what I would have to do to be able to ride one all the time.

*As for the bar-focus, I'll tell you that I don't believe this relates to bars or alcohol as I almost never go to bars and I may have 1 alcholic drink per year...if that!

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Motorcycle Ride

Post by Shan on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:18 pm

These are just my thoughts and questions as I read your dream...

Do you think it's possible that these bars you saw have to do with a new direction in ministry or doing something you have never considered? It intrigues me that you were curious about them. When I think of bars I think that the people inside them aren't the type of people I would associate with, but probably need to be ministered to the most. I'm not suggesting that the Lord wants you to go into actual bars, but inside them are a type of people who Satan holds captive, i.e., "bars." The one lady who looked familiar to you made me think of a "familiar spirit." Therefore, you had no interest in helping her and you used proper discernment about the "rough" bar and weren't curious about it.

When you realized you didn't have a helmet on, were you scared/more cautious or was it just simply an awareness? I thought of the helmet of salvation here.

Since you wanted the experience of riding the motorcycle again, you may find that you'll do whatever it takes to get the proper license or go through the proper channels so you can do this freely and without worry about your qualifications . Again, just my thoughts... Toss what doesn't fit!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:32 pm

Good stuff, Shan. Thank you.

I've had a handful of literal dreams these past few days that were fulfilled during the day after having the dream, so I was actually looking for something to happen to me as a result of something one of my siblings would do...but, the day's nearly over and I've already saw them all earlier today. So, this one probably wasn't literal.

What you said about the bars makes sense to me. There are people in my life, mostly at work, that I choose to only associate with while I'm at work. Perhaps I need to be open to (and yet, discerning) those with whom the Lord desires me to have a deeper relationship with. Much to think about there...

The part about the helmet (or, lack thereof): I wouldn't say that I was scared - it was an awareness, like you suggested. I was enjoying the ride while it lasted, knowing that it would be short. I just didn't want anything to come along and put a stain on the experience as a result of me pushing the boundaries. So, I drove slower than the speed limit and was careful so that an officer would have no reason to stop me...if they were even around.

Thanks for all you shared.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:35 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top