Planting moss with Jesus

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Planting moss with Jesus

Post by Shan on Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:09 pm

I dreamed this quite a while ago so I don't remember exactly what was going on at the time. I get the general meaning, but have one nagging question...

I dreamed that I was doing a service project with my sorority sisters at night. We were spread throughout the community and most people had a partner except for me. I found myself on a huge mound of dark, very fertile soil. The only light I had was a street light and the glow from a cafe across the street. I was planting very green moss over this mound, the kind you might find in a Japanese garden. Then I look up, and over to my right was Jesus helping me. He looked just like most paintings depict Him with a white robe and all. He was looking up at me and had this huge grin. A funny thing is that I thought, "Cool, there's Jesus" and then I began planting moss again like no big deal.

My question is why do you think I was planting this moss? I was aware in my dream that it took root quickly, but the roots in moss aren't deep are they?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Planting moss with Jesus

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:37 pm

Shan wrote:I found myself on a huge mound of dark, very fertile soil.

I was aware in my dream that it took root quickly, but the roots in moss aren't deep are they?

Hi, Shan -

Do you recall (during this time in your life) anyone whose reception to the Word could compare to the "dark, very fertile soil?" If not someone else, could it have been you?

What you were planting (the moss) could compare to the kind of teaching others (or yourself) were receiving. Maybe surface stuff...nothing that really runs deep. Not only that, but what does "moss" say about the kind of fruit that'll be produced as a result? If anything, all it would show is that the soil really is fertile and capable of sustaining life.

Again, Jesus was with you and certainly appeared to be pleased with the work you two were doing, so it's not like you (or whomever was sowing into your life) were doing anything wrong. There must have been some purpose to it.

I may have only rambled and not really answered your question. :)
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:11 pm

Hi Mark,

I think you may have helped me with some understanding. I went to a small, Christian college that had very limited views about the Holy Spirit and it bothered me, but God put me there. If you were baptized in the Holy Spirit you were thought to be weird. I was baptized in the Holy Spirit while I was there and I told no one and I really did not know how to grow in it. So it may have been that Jesus saw that some of the fundamentals of Christianity were there, but I could not grow deeply there. He may have been showing me that it was okay to be there for the 4 yrs. I was there, but I just wasn't able to grow deeply.

You have given me some points to ponder. Thank you!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:26 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top