Dream of old church, and kids I used to nanny for too

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dream of old church, and kids I used to nanny for too

Post by Daisy on Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:30 am

This dream was taking place in a sort of 'summer camp' theme. The kind specifically for kids during the summer months, while the parents are at work. I was an adult, but was part of this summer camp experience. I didn't feel out of place, like I was too old to be there. I had a bunch of clothes there, like I was there for a while. I remember hanging out with the kids I used to nanny for. It was nice to be around them. There was a house, and we were in that for a little while. It seemed a bit dim inside. I didn't recognize this house. In the upper level of the house, there were classrooms up there. Then I seen people from my old church there. I'm only remembering bits a pieces now of the dream. It seemed to flow when I first woke up, but seems a bit all over the place as I try and type it out now. I remember wanting to get cleaned up (showered, hair and make-up done). I felt like I wanted to impress, or look good for someone. When I went to gather my clothes, I couldn't find an outfit. I found a random shirt, and then some pants that didn't go with the shirt. The shirt was dressy, and the pants were casual jeans..more urban styled jeans with print all over them. I remember thinking the turquoise shirt would bring out my eyes. Now on the search for pants. Then I remembered I washed a big load in the washing machine. They were still wet, so I had to wait for them to dry. I felt relieved that I found my clothes. In the meantime, they were tearing down the 'summer camp' things. There were cubicles set up all along the beach-front. The kind like in an office setting. Each person had their own cubical. That is where my clothes that weren't in the washing machine were. They started to take down all the cubicles. I didn't seem concerned about my stuff. The only thought was that I still needed to get cleaned up. There was a fold out 9ft table on the beach, and there were all kinds of people around it (prob like 10 or so). I joined them. These people were from my old church, one being my old pastors wife. They were putting these flowers into their mouths, the stem part, and then with the flower in their mouths they were talking to the dead...dead loved ones, people they missed. It was like they were talking with their mouths full, words kind of mumbled with the flowers in them. I had placed a flower into my mouth, but I knew it wasn't biblical to talk to the dead, so I didn't talk to anyone. I just stood there with the flower in my mouth. I knew in my mind that my pastors wife knew better than to talk to the dead. I was a little stumped that she was doing this.

eod

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dream of old church, and kids I used to nanny for too

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:38 pm

Hi, Daisy -

I only have a few thoughts on the dream, and I could totally be off on this. The whole summer camp theme, to me, could represent this season of your life. The feelings/concerns you had about your clothes might compare to your feelings about different areas of your life right now. Have you felt like you did in the dream: First, like you were prepared to be in this place for a while? Then, like you had to get things cleaned up to impress? For that, I think of having to prepare your house for sale. So, in a way, this dream could be about some of what you've already been going through, not necessarily something in the future, you know?

Eventually, you were able find your clothes - and feel relief. I would expect that you'd get to feel relief of things coming together in this period even when it's not fully complete in the natural (the clothes still being wet). Following that feeling, you saw how the summer camp stuff was being tore down. Again, that seems to me like an end to this season. There still may be plenty of business to get done, but it's also coming to a close (tearing down the cubicles).

The end is what gets me, though. It seems like a spiritual matter. Let me just suggest that you guard yourself against something that goes against what you understand to be true. In the dream, you knew what they were doing with their flowers and such, and you knew it was wrong. Maybe it's a teaching of some kind. Maybe it's an actual activity. Either way, it probably seems pleasant to the senses (the flower in the mouth) or it may seem like a nice or good thing to be doing/saying.

Anything like that happening to you, now? Something that you're connected to through just being around someone, but where you really aren't participating in what they're doing? Something where people may even misunderstand your involvement by what they'd see (you still had the flower in your mouth), even though you weren't speaking like the others were? I may be way off on this.

Just a few thoughts,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:01 pm

Thanks so much Mark for your interpretation!! This was so helpful for me, and very encouraging I might add!! Especially the part of this being a season, that is just about to be wrapped up!! I totally agree!!! The part about the flower in the mouth I think was more about an inclusion thing more than anything. We did currently leave our church of more than 10 years, feeling we weren't really in full agreement with all of the teachings anymore. For a while, we just stuck it out, tossing the things we didn't agree with. Even though I didn't participate in the dream, I was still was joining in, more so out of wanting to be accepted I think. Not speaking up, and challenging anyone in the dream goes right along with my personality in my waking life. Im not confrontive at all. I would never challenge the church leadership about their doctrine, though the things we didn't fully agree with anymore didn't seem as extreme to me as talking to the dead. It was more a subtle underlying sense of works to feel righteous to be right with God, versus the new revelation that God was giving us of His free gift of righteousness and grace. Maybe in Gods eyes, self righteousness is just as bad as doing things such as talking to the dead...which is prob the message He is trying to point out to me.

Thanks again for all your help on this!!! Hopefully it fully manifests soon!! happy dance

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:45 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top