Working in a Foreign Country

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Working in a Foreign Country

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:54 am

I'm so used to my "normal" work-related dreams. When I have these that are clearly different from the norm, they really make me wonder...

Last night's dream started off as some type of workout video. This part was very brief. What I remember was that there was a group of people that were warming up for the workout. There was an instructor who was supposed to be the focus of the video - the star, if you will. Well, there was this one girl in the group who was kinda overdoing it. Like, they were stretching and stuff, and she'd make these faces when she was in the shot to look like she was REALLY pushing herself, or she'd groan...but, in this exaggerated way. Then, as the "video" continued, I saw her get edited out of it. She actually became less and less a part of the video until she was erased.

The scene switched from watching this workout thing to actually being in the scene. The setting changed as well. I was now with a group of people in this large metal shed/garage thing. Oh...like a storehouse. It was dimly lit. The people in the group were spaced apart, but still together - we just needed enough space for our own stretches. There was a young lady who was the leader of this group, and she had a young guy lead us in our stretches. I wasn't exactly into all of this, but I sat on the floor anyway and particpated. At one point, my supervisor was with me. He was picking up something, and I encouraged him (in a sarcastic/joking way) because it looked like he was following along with the stretches as well, even though that wasn't what he was trying to do. With that, I did a stretching move - something a little tricky, where I was standing on one leg, and my other leg was up on the thigh of the one I was standing on, all while I bent in a seated postion. So, it was kinda like I was sitting in a chair with my leg crossed over the other one's thigh, but I was standing...and I also bent at my waist over my crossed leg to reach the floor. Yes, I'm super-flexible...in my dreams.

With our stretches over, everyone went to work. We seemed to split up to go do our various tasks. We left this storehouse, and I walked around the area for a bit, looking for something for me to do. I realized that we were in a foreign country, like somewhere in the Middle East. It was dry, sunny, and it seemed like it should be hot (although I didn't feel temperature in the dream). I don't think that I ever saw the people of this region, though...although, I did know that they were all around with us. The work had a missions-type purpose to it. Anyways, I wandered a bit and eventually found this smaller storage shed/garage. I looked inside and found something that I would be able to do: there was a forklift sitting there, and I knew that I could operate it and move things out of this garage.

I was about to start my tasks when that female leader came around. I got a good look at her at this point. She wasn't unattractive, but she wasn't exactly the prettiest, either. She had flaws from a physical perspective, but she was fit...like, she was making the best of what she was. In the dream, I acknowledged that I would have been alright with a relationship with her, despite her physical imperfections. Do I sound a bit shallow in my dreams?

Anyways, she approached me and told me of a problem coming to this area: There was going to be a snowstorm passing through. We needed to stop our work and prepare for the cold. This preparation included taking care of the people from the area. She told me that, while it was plenty warm during the day, the temperature would get down to 39 degrees with this storm. I told her that I wasn't concerned about that, if that was the lowest it would get. I explained that I was from Wisconsin, and that I'm plenty used to cold weather...and that, for a snowstorm, that's not exactly cold to me. I did, however, suggest that she round everyone up and head back to the storehouse. With all of us indoors and close together, we should be able to keep warm just with our body heat. However, if that wasn't enough, we could start a small fire inside the storehouse.

Any thoughts?
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Working in a Foreign Country

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:03 pm

After today, I was actually hoping that no one had responded. I'm pretty much certain that this dream was meant for today, as I saw so many of the things within the dream manifest during the course of my workday.

Thing is, I had asked God for a dreams that were more on a day-by-day kind of thing, and I actually got one today.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:19 pm

Oh neat! I love these because the Lord uses them to teach me so much! happy dance

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:55 am

I might as well share a few pieces from the manifestation of this one:

For the beginning part where I was encouraging my supervisor during the stretches: The same day after having the dream, my supervisor told me that he had a mid-term exam the next day. Going to school is something that neither one of us is really into - in fact, I'm avoiding doing it. Without remembering the dream, though, I encouraged him by saying that he was going to do fine (and he did). Shortly afterwards, I remembered this dream.

That's not such a big deal, but it did make me alert for the rest of the day. That's where the rest of the dream manifested:

There was the scene in the dream where I was outside in the dry heat of this foreign country. I had walked around and eventually visited a garage/storage building with a forklift inside. I was about to start moving things out of this place when the lady informed me of a snowstorm that was going to pass through the area...

In real life, I was outside of our plant...and the temperature was in the high 90's, and very dry. I had just gotten on a forklift to drive to our plant's slightly smaller warehouse across the street to bring some materials over. Well, the snowstorm passed through at that moment: A coworker came driving past me (I was behind our building, nowhere near a road) in his truck while pulling a trailer. This guy works at night, and had no reason to come through this place at all. The snowstorm part, though...get this: On his trailer was a SNOWMOBILE. Seeing this, I almost lost it, laughing.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:40 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top