The watch and the candle

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The watch and the candle

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:08 pm

I was in a store that sells office supplies. A man was sitting behind a table and I walked up with another person to get my watch fixed. I thought I'd left it at home but then realised it was on my wrist. I handed it over with the manual. He said, "Is this your watch?" And I said yes. He seemed surprised because its an older looking watch. He opened it up and he said there's nothing wrong with this watch. Why don't you try hanging it over a candle? Then I woke up.
There was more before this part but I can't remember it now :( thanks for any thoughts!

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The watch and the candle

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:19 pm

Hello, Gracee -

It's only a thought, but is there any area of your life where your timing (or concept of) is a bit old-fashioned? And...have you been questioning that lately?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:46 am

Hmm I'm not sure, I guess there's a few things that I am waiting for, but I don't know what old fashioned timing would look like.. Could you give an example maybe? The watch is an old gold watch, its probably meant for someone older than me and I bought it at an op shop, but it's a good quality watch... I'll keep thinking about it, thankyou!

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:14 am

Well, my thoughts on timing that's old-fashioned could be related to things like marriage. Or, even simpler, anything that might take longer than expected nowadays.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:24 pm

Hi gracee,

This is just a thought, but I'm wondering if it symbolizes your time to shine. You may think something needs to be worked on or improved, but there isn't actually anything wrong. Qualities in you may have been present for a long time and you just haven't realized it. When the person asked you if this was your watch as if he didn't expect you to have a watch that old, reminds me of how the Pharisees were shocked at the knowledge of Jesus as a child when he was teaching in the temple. Again, just thoughts here...

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ditte3 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:49 am

Maybe it's just my thought, but can it be about being a watchman (watchwoman)?
Watch is for watching and the candle for being awake?
Can it be that you "felt" it for a long time, but you didn't think of yourself as being one?
Please toss it if it's not what the Holy Spirit tells you.
Blessings.

ditte3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:57 pm

Sorry for the late reply, I've had no internet.. painful stuff.. :) Thanks for your comments! I'm not sure about this one, I am sort of in a weird transition period at the moment so there's that, but the other elements I'm still unsure of. I'll post back when its clearer! actually ditte3 I don't know exactly what a watchman is, and how is that different to an intercessor? or same thing?

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:23 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top