Grasshopper in the Dark

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Grasshopper in the Dark

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:30 am

Hello, everyone -

In last night's dream, I was walking up the stairs in my real-life house. It was very dim, making details hard to see. I also did not have a shirt on. At the top of the stairs was a metal bar between the two wall of the hallway at about chest-height. I moved to the other side of the bar, and I could barely see this huge grasshopper sitting on the bar. I hurried into the bathroom, grabbed a can of bug spray, and then returned to the grasshopper. I unleashed the can of bug spray on it, totally covering the thing. The bug was so large (about the length of my hand) that the spray didn't seem to be affecting it. Then, it jumped onto me, making me freak out. I returned to the bathroom so that I could see myself in the mirror, and resumed spraying the bug while it was crawling around on me.

The only thing that I want to note is that I actually have a metal bar between my walls at the top of the stairs in real life, though it's higher than my head. I share that so that no one gets hung up on that detail, since I don't feel that it's anything special.

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grasshopper in the Dark

Post by L4JC on Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:11 am

Good morning Mark,

Is there anything in your life that seems like things got sprung on you unexpectedly and you're having anxiety or frustrations over having to straighten out the situation? I know your cat Elsie has cancer. Could the dream be about her? You weren't expecting to find out she has cancer.

Walking in the dim light... could mean you're spiritually in need of the Lord's insight to deal with the situation.

I think of a grasshopper as a pest and they do jump so unexpectedly when you least expect it. Since the grasshopper was large, this could be an issue you feel is too large for you to handle and you're doing whatever you have to do to deal with it. Even desperately trying to fix it yourself. (bug spray)

Pls. pray for the Lord's interpretation as these are just my thoughts. Pls toss if they don't seem to fit.

God bless,

Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:37 am

Had cancer. I had to put her to sleep Monday. :(

Otherwise, you're definitely on target with what you've said. The whole situation was sprung on me most suddenly, and I dealt with it in every way that I could. This was a greater battle than "just" healing my cat. This event rocked me so much because I did everything I've been taught to do, spiritually speaking. And, in the end, we lost. I won't go into the details of it all, but this has left me very empty and without hope to ask for (or trust in) greater things since such an "insignificant" request was met with a "no."

I'll come out of it, I'm sure. I hope that readers are sensitive to this process, though.

On a different take, I've also looked at the dream as a warning of being jumped - as in, that something may be up ahead and would be difficult to see. It may also be better to just leave it alone rather than act against it.

Thanks for commenting, Sunny.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:03 am

Awe, Mark... I'm so sorry to hear about Elsie. Bless your heart. I had a beloved cat that I absolutely adored 20 years ago who passed away with cancer, too. It devastated me. I promise you, in time... it does get better. But it's normal to feel a loss and to experience the stages of grief. She was an important part of your life, a family member. God knows this and wants to help restore and heal you during this uneasy time. Even if you don't feel like talking to the Lord after all this happened. Talk to Him about those feelings anyway. He does understand and does grieve with you. I'll be praying for you!

As for your reply, good take on that! I thought of that right at first, too, when I read your about your dream, but decided not to share it with you thinking it had to be about Elsie.

Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:12 am

One thing that came to my mind was how when 10 of the spies were scoping out the Promised Land, they came back and reported that compared to the big people in the land, they (the spies) were like grasshoppers in their sight--in other words, smaller and inferior.

I'm sorry about your loss of your beloved cat. I know very well what it's like to do everything you know spiritually and still feel like you've lost. So this giant grasshopper leaping on you and you not being able to kill it--could it be underlining how maybe you feel your prayers/faith were small and inferior? If this is true, then know the enemy is a liar, who likes to make things seem larger than they really are. God has given us all a measure of faith and it takes faith only as small as a mustard seed to move mountains. It's just that God does things sometimes that we will never understand this side of heaven. He could explain all day why He does things and we still wouldn't understand. We just have to trust and believe God knows best as I'm sure you already know.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:11 pm

Sunny - Thanks for the prayers and the words of comfort. Communication is still open between the Lord and I, that's for certain...even if I'm just saying that I don't understand...

Deborah - Thanks for this take on the dream. I certainly am feeling that my prayers and faith are inferior at this time. That's the nature of the present struggle. It's tough when you don't understand, and then you hear that voice that tells you it was something you didn't do, or didn't do hard enough, etc. You know what I mean. I can admit in my mind and with my mouth that God is good and that what has happened is beyond my own understanding...there's just a heart-disconnect to deal with at the moment.

Thanks again, both of you.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:20 am

Oh Mark, I am so sorry to hear about Elsie. I lost my kitty Cleo to cancer a couple of years ago. It was a very difficult time for me. I send to the comfort of the Lord and his healing touch to your heart.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:23 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top