Church/Hospital

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Church/Hospital

Post by L4JC on Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:54 am

My dream -

I was in church... and really enjoyed the atmosphere. I felt very comfortable and loving what I was hearing. (Although I don't remember what I heard.) Then, I was getting ready to go to class (not at the church), but then I felt this urge to go to a "class" that everyone else was attending at the church. So, on the way to the church class, I stopped at the vending machine to get a drink. As I was walking off the vending machine after retrieving my coke, I hid the coke in my jacket pocket. As I was walking to the class (I can't remember what kind of class it was, but I felt like it was about "love".) and as I walked the hall of the church, I noticed immediately, that it was no longer the church, but the hallway of the hospital. I noticed my step-mom, my sister, my niece (my sister's oldest daughter - 8 yrs old) and saw my dad turning the corner with my brothers (they're twins) around the unit desk and I saw my deceased grandfather (my dad's dad) right between my dad and my brothers. My granddad was in a wheelchair, and as I walked in that direction, I noticed what I was wearing... I was wearing a turtle neck shirt with a dinner jacket over it, and everyone there was in summery clothes. I walked over to my sister, and she was wearing a very short summery dress (I felt it was a little too small on her, although she's very thin, it appeared a little too sexy for a hospital visit) and she had a flower in her hair. My stepmom made some comment about my sister, not sure what that was... but I felt it was very complimentary ...and my sister kissed my niece on the lips after hearing her compliment and I thought it was a little too much... I walked away wondering why my grandfather was there... I was feeling uncomfortable. Here I am in wintry clothes, and a jacket and my sister is in her short summery dress and giving a kiss to my niece that I felt was a bit too much. As I walked away feeling turned off, I felt the cold coke in my jacket pocket. Then the scene changed... I was in the car with one of my brothers, and I asked why Granddad was there in the hospital. He said, "I don't know... " I was leaning very close to my brother as if the car was crowded and I only had one view to look at... that was my brother. EOD

IRL: One of my brothers has cancer. The other brother was the one I was sitting with in the car. I also quit sodas and diet drinks since October for diabetic reasons. And not sure what this dream means ... When I awoke from the dream, it dawned on me that my grandad isn't with us anymore... and that he popped into my dream. (I was smiling!) Since his death 4 years ago, I've not really had a dream of him. So, it was nice to see him again. But we didn't have any dialog or anything. I'm concerned about this dream that it may have something to do with my brother who has cancer. Although in the dream, he was walking fine and didn't appear to be a patient in the hospital.

Any thoughts on this dream would be appreciated.

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Church/Hospital

Post by daphanie02 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:10 am

What was interesting to me was that the hospital started out as a church. Also what stood out to me the most was about your sister and the feeling you had toward her about her clothing. Is there someone you know IRL (perhaps your sister) who you feel gets away with things they might not should...or that someone really ought to tell them the way they are acting isn't quite appropriate? I've often heard the phrase that a church is not a hotel for saints, but a hospital for sinners. I wouldn't be too worried about this dream being about your brother, unless you had feelings in the dream where you were really concerned about him? In my dreams my grandparents (who recently went to be with the Lord) are there as a source of comfort during difficult times...perhaps that's why your grandad was in your dream? Perhaps he was symbolic of a type of family comfort? Just some thoughts here, not a Holy Spirit interpretation...God bless!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:03 pm

Daphanie, Thanks for your thoughts on my dream. It's interesting that you brought up the phrase: that a church is not a hotel for saints, but a hospital is for sinners... I loved hearing that, and thanks for sharing that. It got me thinking that the dream is usually about the "dreamer". I'm sensing it's about my thought pattern and how I think on a daily basis, how it can affect my walk with Him and with my family members.

As for my dream... I didn't worry about my brother one bit. It was my grandfather that I was most worried about. (it was like he was alive in the dream and I fretted about his health). It took a good 5 minutes after I woke up from the dream to realize that my grandad isn't with us anymore. Very strange feeling.

As for my sister... she never dresses like she did in the dream. She's always a classy dresser and very conservative. Her actions in the dream was shocking to me to put it mildly. It's totally not in her character to behave this way. Although, I have had some healthy competitiveness with her for my mother's attention recently in the last month or so mainly because my mother has recently gotten married, and we've not been with her as often as we'd like to). What's interesting is ... my mom wasn't in the dream, but my stepmom was. Although I love my stepmom, we don't always see eye to eye on things.

IRL: I got in the slow snail mail today, of pics of my family from my dad that he wanted me to have. Mostly the pictures were of my grandad, which I thought was interesting since in the dream, I was so concerned for him. It was nice seeing the pics since I've never seen these pics before. I do miss my grandad dearly. I do agree with you that grandparents are a comforting presence in our dreams during uneasy times. The only uneasy thing going on in my life at this time is my brother who has cancer. He's on chemotherapy for the next two years and if he makes it through the next two years, he has a good chance of surviving, God willing!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. it brought me comfort. :)

Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:18 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top